January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

2 minutes ago, OSUWx2 said:

Surprised the LR NAM has a similar track to the globals. Usually it’s on an island of its own at this point in time. 

Naturally right? 😄 bad boy has been locked in for days it seems

any shot for this coming SE it has to shave off 20MBs from currently modeled, otherwise this is staying NW

As always the case, thats detriment to some and benefit of others. Just the raw end of the deal I guess 

image.thumb.png.31cbd706ba5c25d5143c16876fcc835d.png

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

any shot for this coming SE it has to shave off 20MBs from currently modeled, otherwise this is staying NW

As always the case, thats detriment to some and benefit of others. Just the raw end of the deal I guess 

image.thumb.png.31cbd706ba5c25d5143c16876fcc835d.png

I will quickly point out you can ignore whats being depicted as front end in N half of Ohio.....will NOT be the case on the east side of a 974MB low pushing forward mega SW flow (WAA)

image.thumb.png.675978375474d5f6a32006395124bd16.png

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I will quickly point out you can ignore whats being depicted as front end in N half of Ohio.....will NOT be the case on the east side of a 974MB low pushing forward mega SW flow (WAA)

image.thumb.png.675978375474d5f6a32006395124bd16.png

It happens at times, but I rarely count on the opening thump IMBY.

• Admin

RGEM did bring the preceding clipper further south, too.

Is this storm at all like the famous blizzard of '78? I need to go back and read weather reports. I know it, too, started out as "this will be rain" and then suddenly NOPE.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Yep…the writing is on the wall with this one.  Probably has been for awhile.  I just don’t see it happening for us with this bout of cold air.  Pretty much have to punt to February.

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Is this storm at all like the famous blizzard of '78? I need to go back and read weather reports. I know it, too, started out as "this will be rain" and then suddenly NOPE.

I don't think the technology is quite like it was in 78 

7 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

if it were to be Louisville would be buried in snow and nobody is calling for that here lol

5 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

Yep…the writing is on the wall with this one.  Probably has been for awhile.  I just don’t see it happening for us with this bout of cold air.  Pretty much have to punt to February.

13-15 still has a shot if the arctic high relaxes BIG TIME or further west, but then at that point are we shooing ourselves in the foot. As someone who ice fishes, just bring on the -10 degrees and dry I guess, get an icepack built. Better than 1'' rain and 40s.....twice...in a week...

icon is mega west

index.png

1 minute ago, OSUWx2 said:

Weaker by 4mb compared to 0z and further east. 

983mb around Cincinnati to 971mb in southern Quebec. Pretty much all frozen precip from a Sandusky to Indianapolis. Now we'll see if the Euro backs off it's more amped solution.

• LIKE 1