January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

Just now, Snow____ said:

At least GFS is steady on the next one…. We’ll see though.

Not giving up on this one though. At least if we get a front dump I wouldn’t mind

The backside could be quite fun too!

• LIKE 1

Just now, junior said:

Yea I’ll take a bomb overtop. Can still get blizzard conditions 😂. Rarely do the deep lows verify but we’ll see. 

That’s the thing…not super likely to get a historic storm.  The CMC looked more realistic.  Still fun, but not an insanely deep storm.

I think the main difference in the GFS and CMC is the CMC has been consistent in showing a transfer further east while the GFS wants to keep the main low throughout. Thats why for one the GFS is so wound up and two brings in more warm air. Both models have been pretty consistent with there respective solutions.

3 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

I mean…. CMC depiction isn’t THAT bad lol.

IMG_1764.gif

Canadian tends to be too cold with temp profiles quite often but it would be nice if this was correct.

8 minutes ago, cperry29 said:

I mean…. CMC depiction isn’t THAT bad lol.

IMG_1764.gif

4 minutes ago, RobB said:

Canadian tends to be too cold with temp profiles quite often but it would be nice if this was correct.

WAA out ahead and north of a 980MB low would be in to 12th gear

• LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Mulaman984 said:

Overcoming true arctic air?

9.9/10 times,, but you won't know it until 24 hours before the storm. It would take an occluded low to give that kind of look, for that duration. Not discounting front end snow, but thats different than what the CMC depicted

• LIKE 1

Just now, Grace said:

Comical spread!

Screenshot_20240108-105332_Chrome.jpg

Makes me wonder if some make this in two waves rather than 1 with that looks during that time period.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

17 minutes ago, Mulaman984 said:

Overcoming true arctic air?

I know better to ever doubt WAA. February 2021 and February 2022 made me never doubt it and even if it isn’t even on the table I still think it’s a possibility lol. 12+ hours of sleet in both storms that I’ve honestly haven’t gotten over 😭😭 those were pretty much the last 2 big snow makers and I got inches upon inches of sleet 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1

Just now, Snow____ said:

I know better to ever doubt WAA. February 2021 and February 2022 made me never doubt it and even if it isn’t even on the table I still think it’s a possibility lol. 12+ hours of sleet in both storms that I’ve honestly haven’t gotten over 😭😭 those were pretty much the last 2 big snow makers and I got inches upon inches of sleet 

Yes! My whole yard was an ice rink for a week after that sleet storm. I’ll take rain any day over 2” of sleet. 

• SHOCKED 1

BAM

Weekend #WinterStorm Update:
🔵 Seeing reasonable consistency from model data at this distance of a MAJOR winter storm arriving Friday and into Saturday of this week.
🔵 Exact track of the low pressure system will be KEY in where heavier snow sets up. Trends have been ticking south and historically data is too strong/too north at this distance (especially the European model). Given this, we'd tend to favor the more southern track.
🔵 Ample cold air means areas north of the low track are in play for heavy snow. Much of Illinois, Indiana and Michigan at play. Too early for specifics at this distance, but arrival would be Friday from west to east.
LIVE STREAM TODAY at ~3:30 PM ET to discuss in more detail. Get all our forecast information for the upcoming storm on our platform Clarity. Learn more here: https://bamwx.com/clarity-info/

image.thumb.png.d0547575a4ba738f05cf7f0cc3e647e9.png 

22 minutes ago, GRR said:

BAM

Weekend #WinterStorm Update:
🔵 Seeing reasonable consistency from model data at this distance of a MAJOR winter storm arriving Friday and into Saturday of this week.
🔵 Exact track of the low pressure system will be KEY in where heavier snow sets up. Trends have been ticking south and historically data is too strong/too north at this distance (especially the European model). Given this, we'd tend to favor the more southern track.
🔵 Ample cold air means areas north of the low track are in play for heavy snow. Much of Illinois, Indiana and Michigan at play. Too early for specifics at this distance, but arrival would be Friday from west to east.
LIVE STREAM TODAY at ~3:30 PM ET to discuss in more detail. Get all our forecast information for the upcoming storm on our platform Clarity. Learn more here: https://bamwx.com/clarity-info/

image.thumb.png.d0547575a4ba738f05cf7f0cc3e647e9.png 

EAST.gif

• LIKE 4
  • TROPHY 1