January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

Just now, JayPSU said:

I don’t think I buy a 960mb Ft. Wayne bomb, but big time cutter looks likely…again…

I agree. Makes me think that this might trend south and east a bit more.

Track questions aside, wish this would slow down a bit.  It's a nice storm for whomever ends up getting it, but that's what's preventing this from being a truly high end crippling blizzard, at least for now.

Just for some idea of the rarity of what is being modeled, BOTH the 00z Euro and GFS would flirt with or break the all-time low pressure records in much of central/eastern IN.  Those records were established in the infamous January 1978 Cleveland superbomb, which was centered farther east and bottomed out in the 950s.  

Plenty of time to get a different ultimate outcome, but just pointing out for some context.

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

47 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Just for some idea of the rarity of what is being modeled, BOTH the 00z Euro and GFS would flirt with or break the all-time low pressure records in much of central/eastern IN.  Those records were established in the infamous January 1978 Cleveland superbomb, which was centered farther east and bottomed out in the 950s.  

Plenty of time to get a different ultimate outcome, but just pointing out for some context.

Yeah that's crazy territory pressure wise

• Admin
Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

After 2 explosive cutters within 5 days, who is creating the flooding rains thread

Power crews are gonna be stretched thin with all these high impact events.  We were on the weekend pattern, and now Mama nature is throwing in mid week shenanigans.

istockphoto-96318730-612x612.jpg.baa6c78407f9e21c4a218c3e209382f9.jpg

• LIKE 1

37 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

After 2 explosive cutters within 5 days, who is creating the flooding rains thread

qpf_acc-imp.conus.png

I’m too busy looking at the storm a couple days after this that has looked good but I’m sure will break my hurt too 😂😂