January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

In St. Louis, the wind has consistently been gusting to the low-to- mid-40s since early this afternoon. As of 9 PM, the temperature is in the upper teens, and the wind chill is a frigid one below. We now have a dusting of snow; I am hoping for an inch out of this system. The rain underperformed, amounting to less than a tenth of an inch.

• LIKE 3

2 minutes ago, SnowloverSid said:

In St. Louis, the wind has consistently been gusting to the low-to- mid-40s since early this afternoon. As of 9 PM, the temperature is in the upper teens, and the wind chill is a frigid one below. We now have a dusting of snow; I am hoping for an inch out of this system. The rain underperformed, amounting to less than a tenth of an inch.

I made an error in my last post: the rain did materialize as forecast, giving us about six tenths of an inch. The rain seldom underperforms. The snow almost always does.

System went from nothing to blizzard conditions in a span of 10 minutes basically here in Southern Ontario. Was a solid stretch of 2-4 hr of heavy snow. Ended up with around 4”. We’re in a dry slot now and the temperature went above freezing. Should stay that way until morning when it should change back to snow showers. Overall not bad considering how this winter has gone so far.

Edited by SNOWBOB11
  • LIKE 4

22 hours ago, 1816 said:

Will definitely be watching that. I love heavy snow games. Also someone said the kc game will be frigid. I want to see how a bunch of people from Miami deal with -20 windchill. Should be another fun one. 

So much for the kc game. It's on streaming only. Fuck the NFL and fuck modern media. Give me back my networks lol. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

Light wind driven blowing snow. Nice and wintry out there. At least we got something. Also looks like we may get a squall later tonight from an impulse. 

Edited by junior
  • LIKE 1

22 minutes ago, junior said:

Light wind driven blowing snow. Nice and wintry out there. At least we got something. Also looks like we may get a squall later tonight from an impulse. 

Yeah wasn’t really expecting this at least how steady it’s been.

• Moderators

In my travels this morning I drove by a construction site.  Their two port-o-johns were blown over.   It looks like someone is going to have “a case of the Mondays.”

• LAUGH 1

24 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

In my travels this morning I drove by a construction site.  Their two port-o-johns were blown over.   It looks like someone is going to have “a case of the Mondays.”

1346171808_porta_potty_accident.gif.7ea76822afd6891be6aefcf08a94e8e8.gif

• LAUGH 1
  • YUCK 1

15 hours ago, Cary67 said:

Sorry it didn't pan out for alot of the metro area. We did better up here with almost 8" down from front end thump and another 3" the rest of the afternoon. About 11-12" total

Screenshot_20240112_192508_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240112_192442_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240112_193237_Gallery.jpg

Nice!

2 hours ago, Hiramite said:

Quote from "Office Space"

PETER: Let me ask you something. Does anyone ever say to you "sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?"

LAWRENCE: I believe you'd get your ass kicked saying something like that, man.

my pics

my snow pic 1.jpg

my snowflakes 1 12 2024 a.jpg

• THUMBS UP 1

15 hours ago, MidMichiganWx said:

I gotta say I am extremely bummed tho.

This is not the storm the OV folks thought we were getting. Not even close. 

so true. The models had heavier snow for northern Ohio up to Thursday, I think.