January 11-13, 2024 | Winter Storm

snowlover2

1 minute ago, Mulaman984 said:

Is the GEPS showing similar to GEFS evolution?

Looks like the GEPS is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than other guidance. Ultimately leading to its outlier ish solution. Looking at the model scores earlier did not give me the warm and fuzzies about the CMC

models-2024010912-f066.sfcmslp-meanmem.conus.gif

• THANKS 1

23 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

it looks like models have brought back the split low/strung out solution which is keeping it from  strong phasing earlier on like prior days, its hard to see on surface maps but several models are doing it.

Its much more clear on the ensembles maps, the strung out nature. One would've thought an intial weak low would pull in the cold air and set the stage for the main low but appears to be the opposite. Initial low pulling up some warmer air

image.thumb.png.e49a6badcc6cd0fea567d7182ba9e042.pngimage.thumb.png.f28902e5c0101a7e013ecfddbec35d1e.png

I'm ready for spring lol

• TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 1

1 hour ago, Blitz said:

I don’t know how to hide my frustration any longer. I mean, it’s pointless to raise my hands and yell at the sky but a broken clock is still right twice a day….right?

How is it possible for Central Ohio to just stop getting snow?! We haven’t had much more than an inch or two here and there for 4 years now…

Cold and wet and gray. I think I just need to move south and forget about winter altogether.

Welcome to climate change. Only solution is to move north and even then you might still might not have any luck.

First year on record there wasn’t a trace of snow on the ground in Marquette for Christmas….first year ever. You’re 600 miles south. I’d get used to it unfortunately. 

• SHOCKED 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, mafa said:

Just saw the 18Z Euro on another site. Yikes, almost tracks into Wrigley Field 😳

Would be a worst case scenario for around most of our area, as it would yank away any chance of backside, too.floop-ecmwf_full-2024010918.prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.conus.gif.1eb97cb2a100df4d8cbe406089515aa3.gif

• DISAPPOINTED 1

1 hour ago, MidMichiganWx said:

Welcome to climate change. Only solution is to move north and even then you might still might not have any luck.

First year on record there wasn’t a trace of snow on the ground in Marquette for Christmas….first year ever. You’re 600 miles south. I’d get used to it unfortunately. 

At this point you gotta live in Northern Canada to get consistently cold and snowy winters. 

Gonna take a lot of climate change to make them snowless 😉

It looks as though the weather will be just inclement enough to cancel my friend’s bday on Friday. I was thinking last night: if my friend’s event is cancelled, I would accept a big snowstorm as a consolation prize. Unfortunately, it looks like the worst of both worlds as per NWS: cold rain, one inch of snow, then an Arctic blast that could last longer than December 2022.

• SAD 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, SNOWBOB11 said:

Does anyone by chance have the 18z euro snowfall map for the lakes area?

floop-ecmwf_full-2024010918.sn10_acc-imp.us_mw.gif.ba5b8c7009d59038d67e621b0c1781c5.gif

This is total.. 24 hour didn't catch it all, so some of that falls tonight/tomorrow and with the clipper in between.

• LIKE 1

37 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

floop-ecmwf_full-2024010918.sn10_acc-imp.us_mw.gif.ba5b8c7009d59038d67e621b0c1781c5.gif

This is total.. 24 hour didn't catch it all, so some of that falls tonight/tomorrow and with the clipper in between.

Reminds me of the groundhog day blizzard. Chicago and mid to northern Michigan got absolutely demolished and us in extreme SEMI were just shy of an epic storm.

• LIKE 2

8 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Reminds me of the groundhog day blizzard. Chicago and mid to northern Michigan got absolutely demolished and us in extreme SEMI were just shy of an epic storm.

You mean this one from 2011? I saved this image from that storm.  Lots of ice fell where I lived..

midwestfebruary12011ICE-Snowstorm.jpg

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

You mean this one from 2011? I saved this image from that storm.  Lots of ice fell where I lived..

midwestfebruary12011ICE-Snowstorm.jpg

That would be the one. Would be interesting to see radar loop from that storm to compare to how the models have this track.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

NAM lock in step with Euro. Monster that cuts up through Indiana/SEMI.

Right over my house. I will wave it passes. 🤗

• LIKE 2

I literally can't keep track of all the storm threads on here ..I have to keep scrolling back up to remind me what storm this is... also doesn't help I've had a few 🍺