Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

14 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

The Professor should retire. Sit back with a good book and sip cognac while he dreams of what he used to be (kinda like me) 

I once, was Nator's most ardent supporter. Was a terrific track model. But has not been good or consistent for many moons. 

• THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, MDBlueridge said:

I once, was Nator's most ardent supporter. Was a terrific track model. But has not been good or consistent for many moons. 

I think it may have been that one time he came down your way and slipped on the ice while getting out of the 1969 F-150. Tore a hole in the elbow of his courdoroy elbow patch sweater. He never did unclench his jaw, so his meerschaum pipe stayed clenched tightly -  so we didn't notice the knock on his noggin. 

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, clm said:

Don't have pivotal plus so can't see 6Z run, but 0Z Euro says not much for Long Island.

image.thumb.png.e7f6f654c8e2aeb813e436be9e38d5d4.png

That is the only clownmap I have ever seen that looks like someone with my coloring skills took a pink crayon and tried to perfectly color in West Virginia without any pink in OH, KY, or VA.

Something definitely looks suspect with that.

For example, we had a recent example of a storm that could not linger due to the second one on it's heels. The second one was the event of the past 36 hours. 

In this case, the snowy potential for us, comes from the "kicker" (lever if you will) action of our proposed coastal. 

In a way, this argues that our time period will have the "more important" of the two (this weekend and early next week) due to the latter not having a lever pushing it along. 

• CYCLONE 1

5 minutes ago, Penn State said:

I do really hope you guys get one.. you’re more snow starved than we are in the interior. 

It's bad when I was somewhat happy to at least see flakes falling 4 times already this winter, biggest accum was a T. 

• LIKE 2
  • SAD 1