Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

It sure is nice to feel like winter again, it's been far too long. I'm terrible and took 0 photos of snow today...bleh.

19 and dropping

Now we patiently wait for the Mainers to post grill photos.

Edited by TLChip
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 4

I left the house this morning at 7 am to visit family down south. Light snow started falling within the first 10 minutes of my drive and made a beautiful drive through the Adirondacks with moderate snow falling. I went through areas that had a snowpack of two feet. 

Got all the way to Buffalo with moderate snow falling before I saw the sun in the area of the Bills stadium. About 10 miles west of there hit whiteout conditions for a lengthy time with many accidents and spin outs. My brand new snow tires kept me safe. 

Tonight my wife reports 6" of new snow fell today. I thought her total was high, but after checking local spotter reports, my area did really well with as much as 8" reported nearby. Our forecast about a day before the storm was 2". 

Me being gone, my wife is going to try to remember how to use the snowblower. I reminded her the most important thing to is not letting your beer freeze in the cold. Drink it fast and repeat. That is why it takes me so long to clear our driveway. 

• TROPHY 5
  • LOVE 2

Beer will freeze ~25ºF.  I like beer slushee's.  2.75" of snow with this weather event which gives me 25.25" so far this season.  Last year I had 99" thanks to that midMarch snow event.  11ºF for this morning's low temperature.  19mph wind gusts recorded.  Currently a mix of sun and clouds 14ºF with a 10ºF windchill ATM.  Today's predicted high temperature is ~20ºF.  🚜's preheaters are plugged in and running.  I'll probably let them run for 3 hours before I start freezing body parts.

• LIKE 2

17 minutes ago, jbrumberg said:

Beer will freeze ~25ºF.  I like beer slushee's.  2.75" of snow with this weather event which gives me 25.25" so far this season.  Last year I had 99" thanks to that midMarch snow event.  11ºF for this morning's low temperature.  19mph wind gusts recorded.  Currently a mix of sun and clouds 14ºF with a 10ºF windchill ATM.  Today's predicted high temperature is ~20ºF.  🚜's preheaters are plugged in and running.  I'll probably let them run for 3 hours before I start freezing body parts.

Won't beer slushies destroy the carbonation, and overall flavor? I'd probably only try it with piss like Coors Light. Something of a beer snob, the one time a year I have energy to enjoy it.

• LIKE 1

@LiveWire_13-  Yes to all three.  I used to be a bourbon snob, followed by scotch, beer, and wine.  And due to  🤢🤮 incidents from "overindulgence" I switched alcohols.  Nowadays I tend to stick to local brews, many of them are quite good, Tito's®, and rarely an after dinner decent Tequila on the rocks.  I am too old for those 🤢 and 🤮 incidents.