Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

Just now, PA road DAWG said:

Busting low here.  Barely 2” ?!?  Been dry slotted since 8am 

+1 exactly same here, dry slot and light ZR and Sleet falling now, we'll see if it turns back to snow.

• YUCK 1

37 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Rush hour is a relative term up there😀. But i might suggest just waiting for this last bout to clear out, as it is s different animal going over the Blue Mountain when it snows. Can get a little hairy.

I came up this morning, I’d honesty rather drive these mountain roads with few on than the interstates being snow covered. 

The snow itself doesn’t bother me it’s just the cars around. 4 wheel suv + good winter rubber, 0 traction problems coming up. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

18 minutes ago, Weathertop said:

Snowing harder now than it has all day(since I have been awake at least).

Radar not showing a lot of action around York, PA. Perhaps the 700 frontogenesis map right overtop of York, PA might explain it.🤷‍♂️

https://radar.weather.gov/station/klwx/standard

IMG_8643.gif

That to the southeast in pa has some oomph. It had been accumulating, and is expanding. Luv it, since i’m home.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, TLChip said:

I came up this morning, I’d honesty rather drive these mountain roads with few on than the interstates being snow covered. 

The snow itself doesn’t bother me it’s just the cars around. 4 wheel suv + good winter rubber, 0 traction problems coming up. 

Great, its just the tractors on that mountain get stuck sometimes, but looks like radar is clear up there.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Great, it’s just the tractors on that mountain get stuck sometimes, but looks like radar is clear up there.

Actually it was 2wheel pickup trucks I saw squirreling around the most on 61/895/309. Didn’t get to see any tractors yet

radar looks empty but still have very light precip falling. 

Edited by TLChip
  • LIKE 1

1 minute ago, TLChip said:

Actually it was 2wheel pickup trucks I saw squirreling around the most on 61/895/309. Didn’t get to see any tractors yet 🤣

image.thumb.png.e92079ac7c2712a38ca389e3a59f191b.png

• LAUGH 3

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

So you don’t cover over the blue’s in schuylkill county on 309?

Not sure exactly where they start. I ride 309 up past Tamaqua and shoot over 54 right at the top of hometown. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

[Pull sleds out of shed in preparation for taking my bored 9 year old out later]

Wife, sees this action through the back window: So it's bad enough for school and soccer to be canceled but you want to take her out sledding?

Me: Yeah I mean sure? I'm only driving a few miles to a good hill!

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 3
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, c8pjp said:

[Pull sleds out of shed in preparation for taking my bored 9 year old out later]

Wife, sees this action through the back window: So it's bad enough for school and soccer to be canceled but you want to take her out sledding?

Absolutely!  IMO. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, c8pjp said:

Of course.  All non-important things are cancelled when snow hits.

Sledding of course is important.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • BOMBOGENESIS 2

3 1/2 Inches at 11:00 AM. as measured by Steve T T-Rex here in Harleigh near Hazleton. I'd estimate another 3/4s has fallen since then. Looks to be letting up. Wish State College would roll out an old Army truck. 🦖❄️

PXL_20240116_161720164~2.jpg

• LIKE 4
  • LOVE 2

5 minutes ago, Greenjacket said:

27 on the car thermometer and what appears to be rain and drizzle.  Confusing.  

Pesky warm layer somewhere then below zero at the surface, story of my life!!

• SAD 1

3 minutes ago, Lazman said:

3 1/2 Inches at 11:00 AM. as measured by Steve T T-Rex here in Harleigh near Hazleton. I'd estimate another 3/4s has fallen since then. Looks to be letting up. Wish State College would roll out an old Army truck. 🦖❄️

Always great to see Steve out doing his job!

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, Lazman said:

STEVE!!!!!!!

• LAUGH 2