Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

3 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Think I'll go make some hot cocoa and buttered toast (cut into soldiers for easier dunkin 😉 ) 

Just like Mom used to do when it snowed and we were home ('cept dear ol' Mom never spiked it with brandy like I will) 

Maybe hers, just not yours haha

• LAUGH 2

Just plain weird. Comma shape occurred just like i expected but did not see us getting that brutal dry slot. Now just missing it to the east, and looks like it may try to rotate back in slightly , but not crossing fingers. We low end here, but glad many of the snow starved to the south did pretty well!

24 minutes ago, eddygeeme said:

About 6 inches over performer here will see what happens with the low that is NOT OTS😆20240116_092849.thumb.jpg.2ca652905e898a1ff5a7c22c6e0b41f2.jpg

20240116_093004.jpg

Great shot there - not only did you get your grill but you got one of your neighbors too!

We're probably at 3" of fluff (so nice to shovel). Only supposed to get 1-3" but the way it's coming down, 4-5" seems likely before the change to sleet/rain/freezing rain.  Trying to decide to keep the drive, cars and sidewalk cleared before the rain/frzrain or better to let it absorb the ice and then clear things. Ice is hard to get rid of.

• LAUGH 2

34 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Ughhh getting dry slotted hard.   Story of my life.  Finally get an all snow powder and the best stuff is to my NW 

It should backfill before it ends according to the HRRR

Edited by TheComet
typo

Just now, TheComet said:

I should backfill before it ends according to the HRRR

Please do, and make sure you use the correct colors this time.  Also use Crayola over the cheapy brands.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2

Got little over 3 as of 9am but coming down heavier now. Maybe can get to 4 inches. Back end working through. Thankfully back end worked out or this would have busted, 

image.thumb.png.6c59a405ac08b41bc38d4261342ab8b4.pngimage.png.728451146c38ad7fbe400923a195d88a.png

• LOVE 4

1 minute ago, Pghsnow said:

Got little over 3 as of 9am but coming down heavier now. Maybe can get to 4 inches. Back end working through. Thankfully back end worked out or this would have busted, 

image.thumb.png.6c59a405ac08b41bc38d4261342ab8b4.pngimage.png.728451146c38ad7fbe400923a195d88a.png

Love the shot of the deer.  

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

40 minutes ago, eddygeeme said:

About 6 inches over performer here will see what happens with the low that is NOT OTS😆20240116_092849.thumb.jpg.2ca652905e898a1ff5a7c22c6e0b41f2.jpg

thought you could sneak in an obligatory grill shot without me noticing?  LOL

2.5 inches in Toms River, NJ and now a slushy mess due to change to mix, which really means change to rain.  

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

16 minutes ago, BossaNova said:

Great shot there - not only did you get your grill but you got one of your neighbors too!

We're probably at 3" of fluff (so nice to shovel). Only supposed to get 1-3" but the way it's coming down, 4-5" seems likely before the change to sleet/rain/freezing rain.  Trying to decide to keep the drive, cars and sidewalk cleared before the rain/frzrain or better to let it absorb the ice and then clear things. Ice is hard to get rid of.

Actually I see TWO neighbor grills methinks

1 minute ago, clm said:

Love the shot of the deer.  

They are pretty much my wife's pets.. That is Peanut and Lil Peanut. 🙂

• FACEPALM 1
  • LOVE 2

Definitely continues to over perform here in Tioga, PA.  Radar looks healthy and should continue for several hours.  Never did get an advisory or warning.. so didn't expect to have to plow after this one.

20240116_102047.jpg

20240116_102018.jpg

• LIKE 4
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Pghsnow said:

They are pretty much my wife's pets.. That is Peanut and Lil Peanut. 🙂

Ours are Fiona and Baby Fee, bucky (the button buck) and Pap (the big 10 pointer)  -they love our apple trees and weeping cherries (and the Hosta and Azelia etc)

• LIKE 3

Just now, StretchCT said:

Snowing nicely now. Radar is not optimistic on it staying snow.

Untitled.thumb.gif.034c8402f57cd43dfbe4a29582afda50.gif

Is that red ice or sleet?  Thought they used pink for that.

Just now, longislander said:

This ice/freezing rain situation is going to persist for hours in NYC and western LI, really making a mess of things.  And then temps are going to dive into the 20s to freeze it all over.

And that will make it so joyful on the commute home