Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

And the fill begins. Filling in westy. We starting to pivot. We get nice comma head starting . Then we start gittin some ocean influence . I did pee in my fav spot, OC , MD  a ton, so thanks in advance. You are welcome NE cats , cuz the “flow” is heading your way.
set alarm for around 6 am for cool radar . 

• LIKE 1

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

And the fill begins. Filling in westy. We starting to pivot. We get nice comma head starting . Then we start gittin some ocean influence . I did pee in my fav spot, OC , MD  a ton, so thanks in advance. You are welcome NE cats , cuz the “flow” is heading your way.
set alarm for around 6 am for cool radar . 

What he says^^^

• LIKE 2

• Meteorologist

In that heavier band around baltimore areas just to the south are getting heavy snow we are back to moderate. About to go out and measure on the roof but we seem to be getting larger flakes with this go about than earlier where it was mini flakes.

Getting essentially 4.5" as the average not quite inch per hr right now. Should end up with close to 5"?

Edited by so_whats_happening
  • LIKE 1

Woke up and saw some nice-looking flakes in the streetlight.  Came down, fed the cats, walked out and measured.  Checked radar .. damn, right in the blob!  Snowing fantastic out this morning, absolute powder out there.  1.5" as of 4am.  

nam3km_ref_frzn_neus_fh26-42.gif

• LIKE 5

5 hours ago, so_whats_happening said:

Yea was just talking with a colleague of mine and we both were scratching our heads after the fiasco that was this morning with tons of accidents across the area.

Would hate to be the one in charge of sterling right now.

Like the past snow event - except it was Holly that time

5 hours ago, bigben89 said:

It’s leaf blower snow

Great, I'm too old to shovel any more. And by old I mean lazy

5 hours ago, Gettysburger said:

If it keeps this up all night I’ll have more than 3 inches in the morning! Lol

You ain't the only one!

4 hours ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

So they wait till when are the doorstep. Eow😀

Seems to be a new thing among WFO's - the 11th hour Warning.

4 hours ago, Burr said:

Observation #1: I have grown terribly out of shape since last time we had a serious snowstorm.

Observation #2: We’re getting about 1/2”/hr rates, which is very light and fluffy.

Observation 3:  The snow on top was easily blown away with the electric leaf blower, but underneath was a tougher layer that had probably compacted a bit.  

Same here. 

2 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Woke up and saw some nice-looking flakes in the streetlight.  Came down, fed the cats, walked out and measured.  Checked radar .. damn, right in the blob!  Snowing fantastic out this morning, absolute powder out there.  1.5" as of 4am.  

nam3km_ref_frzn_neus_fh26-42.gif

Ima guessin 3 or so to this point. Snow is pretty in the floodlights.

If modeled correctly, should see the "hole" down by and west of PITT fill in as it swings through PA and northeast here in the next 2 hours.  Widespread 2-5" with higher lolli's!  Well done folks.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-regional-northeast-comp_radar-09_15Z-20240116_map-h5ana_noBar-27-1n-10-100.gif

• LOVE 1

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

LOL perfect timing UTS!  That green should make things better, as it moves east.

Ha - I thought the same when I posted mine and saw yours

We may not be the vaunted "Over Night Crew" level output, but we have our moments 😉 

• LAUGH 1

4 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Eyeball estimate is 3+". I'll get the wife to go out and measure in a bit. 

Since you dont message me back on fb… LOL

Low popped off Virginia, over in American weather they are saying the storm is over and it’s going due east with no low… lol

3 minutes ago, Anthonyweather said:

Since you dont message me back on fb… LOL

Low popped off Virginia, over in American weather they are saying the storm is over and it’s going due east with no low… lol

I avoiding Fb this morning because I'm watching my recording of the game last night and someone there woulda spoiled it by now. LOL

Looks just like modeled, an amorphus low structure along the coast. A second piece hanging back. No wonder I avoid Amer like the damned plague. I do wish them luck with their Snobal forecasts though 

image.thumb.png.9f1ecd37f32adea9698384d5216eb763.png

• LAUGH 3