Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

1 minute ago, Weathertop said:

From MU Weather Center on X: “The #WinterWeatherAdvisory has been upgraded to a #WinterStormWarning in northern MD for 4-6” of snow. Strong, dynamic lift in the circled area (2nd image) is fueling a slow-moving band of moderate-to-heavy snow. Snowfall rates could approach 1” per hour at times overnight!”

IMG_8632.jpeg

I’m in that circle! 😁

• LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 4

1 hour ago, eddygeeme said:

Where's the Long Island crew😎

I've been fighting a surprise GI thing all day on my day off with kiddo. Finally able to sleep just before snow was expected to fall. Got up to walk dogs and then go back to sleep, bathroom willing.

I can give you an IMBY update if you want, lol. Saw some white outside, which is already a lovely sight.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

4 minutes ago, LiveWire_13 said:

I've been fighting a surprise GI thing all day on my day off with kiddo. Finally able to sleep just before snow was expected to fall. Got up to walk dogs and then go back to sleep, bathroom willing.

I can give you an IMBY update if you want, lol. Saw some white outside, which is already a lovely sight.

That white you saw was just me with a dandruff problem

• LAUGH 2

43 minutes ago, Burr said:

Just as a heads-up, Tennessee could be a mess for the locals through the end of the week.  You wouldn’t be expected to have any issues, but you’ll be competing with folks who don’t use turn signals on a regular basis, so good luck to you!

IMG_2374.jpeg

Thanks. I'm tempted to push my trip back a day because I was wondering if they will have the roads cleared. I have AWD and snow tires, but that won't help me if I'm stuck behind a pileup of Mustang GTs. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist

We have slowed down quite a bit in the last half hour. Some nice returns still NW of us toward Frederick and what looks like another batch trying to get going around Charlottesville, see if that can make it into the region in about an hour.

• LIKE 5

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheRex said:

I have AWD and snow tires, but that won't help me if I'm stuck behind a pileup of Mustang GTs. 

SummerTiresClub.jpeg.8b9f54632ffc0f0507ac4fee49c9b79e.jpeg

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 3
  • LOVE 1

52 minutes ago, Burr said:

For giggles, I’m going to go out soon to use the leaf blower on the sidewalk… Will keep you all apprised of my success/failure.

Observation #1: I have grown terribly out of shape since last time we had a serious snowstorm.

Observation #2: We’re getting about 1/2”/hr rates, which is very light and fluffy.

Observation 3:  The snow on top was easily blown away with the electric leaf blower, but underneath was a tougher layer that had probably compacted a bit.  

• LIKE 4

Berween dogs trying to pull me on my ass and wearing gym shorts in the cold, I did not take a long time to admire the snowfall here in Suffolk, Long Island. It does look powdery and I'd lean towards a coating RN - maybe just a touch more on surfaces like tables.

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1

Starting to pic up now from Hburg batch. Have to clean out the flees from  the HBurg cats though ( seevUT😀)  i Said… to no one there… and  no one heard at all …. 
Everyone now. 
Former manly man RickRd was gonna stay up but alas, he doesn’t have it anymore. Hard to watch, tbh. 
Jan’s have sucked  last many for years, , but El Ninny on roid’s is game changer. Thank you to all the people that pee’d off the boat in the Pacific at the perfect spot to create the warm pool we needed. 

• LIKE 1
  • FACEPALM 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • TROPHY 1

Final ob from Neal. We have smoked past the dusting level, and leaving muffler burns on a coating. If this can just rotate a touch and slow down a tad, as long as this puppy continues thru Jan , we get the 4-6 in a no - brainer.

actually we gonna hit 4-6.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

19 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Final ob from Neal. We have smoked past the dusting level, and leaving muffler burns on a coating. If this can just rotate a touch and slow down a tad, as long as this puppy continues thru Jan , we get the 4-6 in a no - brainer.

actually we gonna hit 4-6.

You had me at hello. INCOMING!!!!

Edited by Rickrd