Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

Just now, StretchCT said:

Ahhh trying to bait me into an inappropriate comment regarding 6" being big... I see you!👀

lol .. honestly, I wasn't! haha

GFS trend doesn't seem so terrible so far.  Right direction 18 to 0z

gfs_z500_vort_us_fh36_trend.gif

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators

It's like baby steps but trending right. Vortex further back, heights barely higher on the east coast, maybe the SER flexing a little too

image.thumb.gif.575b2bee31d27e55985e27f0959b1cea.gif

Edited by StretchCT

Just now, HVSNOWSTORM said:

Man mesos vs gfs euro. Gfs looks to be improving I think too.

Yeah, this 0z looks like more than a baby step in the right direction from its 18z so far...

• LIKE 1

Just now, JDClapper said:

And he'll be in here tomorrow morning to let us know what's not going right for this storm .. while he awaits the inevitable 10-100" up his way.  😆

Hey, everyone's got their shtick MJ.  Don't be ashamed.  lol

Still have nightmares from watching my car get carried away by the floodwaters while he is complaining that the snow is too deep for his dog’s to navigate. Then in case we  still had a pulse, he would post pictures of .

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators

It's a little weak but placed ok so far

The rise in heights is still baby steps.  The other thing noticed is the placement of the SW over IN/IL is more neutral

gfs_z500_mslp_us_fh60_trend.thumb.gif.41c9fc53ea9025d9e542c9feb1cbfa57.gif

Edited by StretchCT

11 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Ahhh trying to bait me into an inappropriate comment regarding 6" being big... I see you!👀

I thought he was really trying to get some good replies with enjoy your minor powder. 

• LAUGH 2

Just now, Rickrd said:

This isn’t going to be a monster we were looking for, but gives many of us a snow on snow possibility this week. Haven’t see that in awhile. 

Dude, i think the LR’ ers might have given unrealistic expectations, but again it is the BPS. I don’t think LV is too far away from moderate snow event.

1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

Still dissappointing run from GFS overall, but still improving. Keep moving NW with that precip line 25 miles every run and...

trend-gfs-2024011400-f072.qpf_024h-imp.us_ne.gif.0a285c555bb6a25fafd384480650f5c8.gif

It's catching up to the iconic model and RGEM.

gfs-deterministic-ne-total_snow_kuchera-5471200.png

Just now, JDClapper said:

A few more baby steps these next 48 hours, and maybe instead of 1-4" widespread, 5,6" lollis, maybe we'll be like 2-5" widespread, 6,7" lollis.  One can hope.

👍👍👍. Agree. We are not far too far away from enough TT - Trough Tilt. That would high end this. 

• LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 1