Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

2 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Every storm has maxed out  for months , but don’t think El Ninja gonna help this one. Or will it. This setup slows down by hours it gets  better.

I think if we just keep this at the expectation of a typical January nuisance 1-4" powder with some various 5,6" lolli's, we'll be better off mentally and avoid creating a funeral in here because it's not "the big one".  Yeah, it's not.  Enjoy your minor powder.

Edited by JDClapper
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

I think if we just keep this at the expectation of a typical January nuisance 1-4" powder with some various 5,6" lolli's, we'll be better off mentally and avoid creating a funeral in here because it's not "the big one".  Yeah, it's not.  Enjoy your minor powder.

I totally agree !

• FIRE 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Great point. Keep expectations low on this one. I get excited even if its 1-2".  Anything to brighten up this dreary brown and grey we have now.  

• BOMBOGENESIS 1

5 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

I’ll take some minor powder at this point lol. 

• LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

Great point. Keep expectations low on this one. I get excited even if its 1-2".  Anything to brighten up this dreary brown and grey we have now.  

See , i have matured and am behaving. Tellin ys, self improvement books and meetings.

• THUMBS UP 1

6 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Can't wait to see what garbage GFS throws at us tonight 😆

I was going to throw out an over/under for Allentown Pa for the GFS tonight. Over or under 3”. Who’s in? RT sends the winner a prize. Probably a box of animal crackers but its still a win. 

Edited by Rickrd

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Went back and only found a couple of posts with one Euro run that had over 6"widespread. So it's almost always been a nads storm

3 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

See , i have matured and am behaving. Tellin ys, self improvement books and meetings.

I thought @Poco was working with you on that

• LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Yup. Death, taxes, they get crushed, MJ throws it in our faces.

And he'll be in here tomorrow morning to let us know what's not going right for this storm .. while he awaits the inevitable 10-100" up his way.  😆

Hey, everyone's got their shtick MJ.  Don't be ashamed.  lol

• LAUGH 2

1 minute ago, StretchCT said:

Went back and only found a couple of posts with one Euro run that had over 6"widespread. So it's almost always been a nads storm

Strange, b/c many times the past couple days it felt like we lost "the big one" in here from varioius strings of posts.. 

• Moderators
Just now, JDClapper said:

Strange, b/c many times the past couple days it felt like we lost "the big one" in here from varioius strings of posts.. 

Ahhh trying to bait me into an inappropriate comment regarding 6" being big... I see you!👀