Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

Just now, eddygeeme said:

Am I wrong in thinking slightly warmer than normal Atlantic Temps could give that low some more juice to develop. That's gonna be key if the track is starting to solidify. How string can that low get. Loving the OBX/Tidewater placement but a 1010 low won't get us much beyond a widespread 2-4 to 3-6 snowfall. Would help if this can be closer to a 1000-1005 low.

Lol just 1 click works just fine

• LAUGH 2
  • MELTING 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, eddygeeme said:

Am I wrong in thinking slightly warmer than normal Atlantic Temps could give that low some more juice to develop. That's gonna be key if the track is starting to solidify. How string can that low get. Loving the OBX/Tidewater placement but a 1010 low won't get us much beyond a widespread 2-4 to 3-6 snowfall. Would help if this can be closer to a 1000-1005 low.

Warmer water helps, especially with arctic air coming in. Its a timing/speed thing too that it just doesn't have that much time to develop. Energy is still a bit strung out too.  

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1

Just now, Rickrd said:

lol at these guys down SE of mid Atlantic! Good for them. 

IMG_8672.jpeg

Sorta weird as I can see that happening but it all depends on the actual track.  It also why Wise Virginia is the highest snow average in Virginia

1 minute ago, Wtkidz said:

Sorta weird as I can see that happening but it all depends on the actual track.  It also why Wise Virginia is the highest snow average in Virginia

And whats with the playboy bunny ears down near Martinsville?

By the way, gained new respect for RickRD  today. Asked me to keep him in the loop- he was at church. So i kept the texts clean, and sent him about 6 update texts, all followed by “Amen”. He is going to hell, but man think he deserves nomination for Sphere weather geek of the year. That’s pretty awesome. 

• LAUGH 1
  • THANKS 2
  • TROPHY 2