Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

967 low

image.thumb.png.627c49a13ae83fddf5e9e6820912c04b.png

Third storm in a row with 50kt wind gusts. Likelihood of escaping three of these without a power outage is very low for me. 

image.thumb.png.6054d9a87c2246d7f168db3e55a0fcff.png

Every solution you can think of is out there though.  Weak slider, cutter, nothing....

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:03 PM, dominio said:

Off topic sorta of....i apologize but i figure if anyone who could relate it would be this forum....Ahh living on LI....luckily for me my wife loves snow as much as I.  Thinking of retiring to VT or NH in a couple years.  Not warm weather folks.  Any thoughts on good areas.

I did the move from NJ to VT 8 1/2 years ago.  I lived in NYC for 8 years and NJ for 14 years.  We live in a rural area but only 20 minutes to Burlington.  There is a good hospital up this way if health care access will be an important factor on your relocation.

We had a weekend house in Central VT so it made it easier to figure out where we would like to live.  Schools were the most important thing at the time and our search took over a year, but we were in no rush.  

The one thing still find interesting about VT is how early restaurants and some stores close when you are away from the "big VT cities".

Feel free to message me.

3 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

The gfs is trash man.  Look what it did last storm.   We only use it because it’s the American “our” model.  The euro and eps is undeniably the best, hands down. 

'Murica! ??

lmao

• LAUGH 1

• Social Media Crew
1 hour ago, PA road DAWG said:

The gfs is trash man.  Look what it did last storm.   We only use it because it’s the American “our” model.  The euro and eps is undeniably the best, hands down. 

You’re 100% right.. It was all over the place. CMC and Euro did a better job IMO. Such is El Niño? 

• THUMBS UP 1