Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

Hey Everyone! Long time lurker here. I’ve been following you all since accuweather days and then disco. I’m so glad to fine you all here!

I’ve learned a lot from you all over the years just reading and following along. Figured it was time to post and join in on the fun! 

Regardless of what the GFS or Euro shows we have a great storm to track and it’s always fun tracking them.

Im with you @Rickrd this thing should be nearer to the coast. I think the models will have a better handle on this come Friday evening / Saturday morning. We’ll see! 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 3
  • LOVE 2

2 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Yo, who the fack you responding to? Hearing voices 😀

Fack you. I’m drinking. Don’t ever try to talk sense to a man drinking 🤪

Edited by Rickrd

18 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Can’t help but think that we do low level expectations with this one. Not so much the model ambiguity ( always wanted to use that word), as it is the overall speed. This seems to be a racer when it gets to us, no? Not seeing what slows this puppy .

We get the trough to go negative. That slows a storm and forces it west. West is relative to positioning. Storm occludes and moves out. 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • THANKS 1

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Ooh, well dat would conflict with my racer storm theory. Oh well, no one’s on but you, so i don’t feel like a total tard. Except freakin UT reads through every post on every thread and will see. 

Ya. He does tend to disappear and then marathon post which I love. 

2 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Ooh, well dat would conflict with my racer storm theory. Oh well, no one’s on but you, so i don’t feel like a total tard. Except freakin UT reads through every post on every thread and will see. 

Honestly, who are we all kidding. This thing won’t be ironed out until Sunday night. Arctic air masses wreck havoc with models. We know and have seen this time and time again. So this last cocktail settled me back into reality. 

• THUMBS UP 2

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

So great to have him back. Great at pattern recognition.

Damn Straight it is! 
did you get the photo he sent me? With your hands in your pocket doing who knows what?