Jan. 15-17th, 2024 | NE/MidAtl Winter Storm

MaineJay

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Stick with long term trends till they don’t.

The snow dome is finally breaking down around the mid Atlantic… for now. 

• LOVE 2

11 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

By the way, you work at Air Products?

Not for them as an employee, just building a newer building in their backyard. Should be outta here in a month or so hopefully.

• LIKE 1

KLWX_loop.gif.c52270f5cc11ca99d4f5fd226bf11504.gifTook this from American but I'm in this band on the northern end it's hard to really show because the flakes just aren't fat yet but it's coming down pretty steady  nice moderate snow. At this rate I'm taking the high end of models 

Edited by eddygeeme
  • LIKE 1

Been really hard to give a sense of how heavy it's picked up with a pic because these aren't big fat flakes yet but here you go.

Edit I'm not sure where the coastal is yet but the temp has rose to 28 suspect it's starting to get going maybe.

Edited by eddygeeme
  • LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

4 minutes ago, eddygeeme said:

Been really hard to give a sense of how heavy it's picked up with a pic because these aren't big fat flakes yet but here you go.

Edit I'm not sure where the coastal is yet but the temp has rose to 28 suspect it's starting to get going maybe.

SLP is in GA - following Shermans march to the sea. No influence at this point image.thumb.png.d0b2b67d59fd29f6ab48091e1d73a75d.png

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

6 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Nah, 2-3" per NWS. Personally, 2" is a win. 4" is a jackpot, here at least. 🙂

How are you guys doing on temps down there?  We're right above 10F on the ridge, so I am hoping that 2-3 is a little higher with ratios if it ever decides to get here 🙂

• LIKE 1

Just now, tcari394 said:

How are you guys doing on temps down there?  We're right above 10F on the ridge, so I am hoping that 2-3 is a little higher with ratios if it ever decides to get here 🙂

Low to mid 20s here all day. 👍

• LIKE 2

1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

Low to mid 20s here all day. 👍

Nice! I think we only got to 15 today after dropping to -1 last night.  What a difference a short drive makes.

Edited by tcari394
  • THUMBS UP 1

The thing that may make this a high ender , even overachiever is the fact that you will have really high ratios, AND don’t have to deal  with hours of battling with dry air, as per RickRd text earlier atmosphere already moistened up from the earlier stuff. That is rare.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1