January 9-10, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

4 minutes ago, ionizer said:

With cover........?

A few of us had noted that grill covers have been known to rip in the wind, so in your case maybe it acted as a sail…(?)

IMG_2344.jpeg

Edited by Burr

3 minutes ago, Burr said:

Really calmed down imby.
High winds appear isolated to the coast

IMG_2346.jpeg

I concur.  Really only howled for about an hour this evening- thankfully. Rain on the other hand by me has been relentless.  Guessing we will end up over 3” when all said and done.  

• THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Greenjacket said:

I concur.  Really only howled for about an hour this evening- thankfully. Rain on the other hand by me has been relentless.  Guessing we will end up over 3” when all said and done.  

Guess I will be going into the office tomorrow after all.  Had thought we might see power lines down on the Amtrak northeast corridor between here and nyc.

Last maps from Rutgers for tonight.  Max winds today & 24-hour accumulations

IMG_2347.png

IMG_2348.jpeg

Edited by Burr

I'll Be over 3" by 11:59pm for sure. 2.92 so far. Temp is now 58. Winds are not much if anything now so hopeful ill keep power. Awaiting passaic river to crest at Millington and Chatham (NJ)

Edited by mikeysed

• Moderators

Windows visibly quaking …waiting for something to go crash outside. Lost power a couple hours ago and operating on battery. But no fire calls yet…woot!

Temp up to 35. 

• FLUSHED 1
  • DISAPPOINTED 1

4 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

I'll Be over 3" by 11:59pm for sure. 2.92 so far. Temp is now 58. Winds are not much if anything now so hopeful ill keep power. Awaiting passaic river to crest at Millington and Chatham (NJ)

OEM in Long Hill is expecting Stirling to flood from my contacts.   I hear Police headquarters is being relocated tomorrow, again.....ugh. 

• SHOCKED 1
  • SAD 1

• Admin

I think we just changed over. Eyeballing about 4-5" , can hear the winds howling, but they aren't really hitting the ground at all yet. But l, the roar is slowly and steadily increasing. 33°. I wouldn't be surprised if those winds are only a couple hundred feet up, and start mixing down when we get closer to 40°

• WIND 2

Easily 2.5" new rain here in Central PA on UTS Hill.  Maybe a tad more. Very glad to not have received even one drop more. 

At one point it was raining on a Northerly slant here, It NEVER rains from the North here - not in my 36 years at this place (soon to be 37) 

The rain was forcing its way past my bedroom French Doors that go out to the patio. Had to put down a bath towel to keep it from encroaching further. 

Edited by Undertakerson2.0
  • SHOCKED 2
  • DISAPPOINTED 1