January 9-10, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

8 minutes ago, LUCC said:

Yup, have a 12k watt generator that gets plugged into the sub-panel, just flip a switch and well, water heater, oven, stove, most outlets/lights, etc. are usable.

Gonna upgrade to dual fuel. It's neat that you can run genny's in parallel these days. The 7500 does OK but you have to do the circuit breaker cha-cha. We are on a well, and to run that and water heater demands a lot. then there's the pump to the effluent tank and field, and that doesn't even count if it's summer and we want AC. 

5 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Dang accurate apparently. Which product is that if you don't mind my asking?

The product is GRearth.  The METAR (OBS) is shown in this image.  The data for GRearth is from Allisonhouse.  Subscription based data.  Very nice...

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators

Mixed precip is over here. Down to plain rain, and the slush on the ground is quickly disappearing.

• DISAPPOINTED 1

• Admin

I believe where you see the wind bars (NH/ME and St Lawrence) going more perpendicular to the isobars is known as ageostropic flow.  Generally, the bars are closer to parallel with these lines.  Hoping that CAD holds strong up here, fresh snow *should* encourage it.

hrrr_mslp_wind_neus_12.thumb.png.2d090c75e6b1be429daf8a218d10d764.png

• LIKE 2

19 degrees and cloudy to start the day.  Forecast is for only an inch of snow here before it switches over to rain.  It looks like the mountains around me could do well.  I'm not looking forward to the wind.