January 5-7, 2024 | Winter Storm Potential

MesoscaleBanding

On another note. Kudos to the BSR...pretty much 1:1 correlation:

Screenshot_20240104-145941_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8b0bc8767f34046d03c0b2947b2c5fe1.jpg

20 days before in Bering Sea

Screenshot_20240104-150249_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d0064322151c3a329d58488a554cf81.jpg

This is one reason I never could get to excited about this system. EAR did not give much confidence either.

Edited by Grace
  • LIKE 2

47 minutes ago, OSUWx2 said:

I just have to post this for a good laugh... looks like a glitch...

floop-nam-2024010418.ref1km_ptype.us_ov.gif

I thought so too but based on several models snow maps that fall off a cliff post transfer blob, who knows

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

20 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I thought so too but based on several models snow maps that fall off a cliff post transfer blob, who knows

Oh I know it's not a glitch. Just hilarious that we'll get next to nothing after looking somewhat OK.

• THUMBS UP 1

On 1/2/2024 at 8:21 AM, Wnwniner said:

Its going to be central Ohio...just feels like we can't catch a decent storm-seems like even when we're looking good, a last minute shift takes us down.

Dont shoot the messenger, but this is looking more and more likely.  Now if i could only think major snow and winning lotto numbers into existence...

I went back and quickly skimmed the first few pages of this thread.  GFS actually was pretty close until it got under ~180 hours to go, then GFS and Euro showed major snow for Ohio/KY; wasnt until about 100 hours to go that the models caught on to what this is going to be, allowing for a nice slow death over the last 50 hours or so.  Just something to remember over the next week as we have more to track.  Ukie was kinda on an island in that time frame, being weaker and more SE, and in the end was kind of the first model to pick up on the trend.  CMC wasnt far behind that, either, and there was actually an image of the Icon posted in that timeframe that matches what were going to see somewhat well, too.  Again, something to keep in mind as we track the rest of the season.

• LIKE 1

Just now, snowlover2 said:

0z GFS still looks like crap.

Not that it is wrong, but mesos and radar is all I will pay attention to for this bugger..