January 5-7, 2024 | Winter Storm Potential

MesoscaleBanding

Nothing in central Ohio yet, but radar says it should be-must be the column filling in.  Also looks like that rain/sleet/snow line creeping much further north (shocker, i know) than anticipated, at least from a day or so ago.

Crews are getting in, just about to get trucks out.

• THUMBS UP 1

Light snow here in Centerville at work. Coworker said it was a bit like graupel but I can’t tell since it’s so dark. 

Edited by junior

15 minutes ago, junior said:

Light snow here in Centerville at work. Coworker said it was a bit like graupel but I can’t tell since it’s so dark. 

Finally moved to mostly snow in Warren county. Lot of freezing rain and sleet mixing for the past few hours. 

I wonder what’s up with the mixing on this system. Don’t think any of the models show it and ILN never mentioned it from what I remember. Unfortunately has been a common pattern the past few years. 

1 minute ago, ak9971 said:

I wonder what’s up with the mixing on this system. Don’t think any of the models show it and ILN never mentioned it from what I remember. Unfortunately has been a common pattern the past few years. 

Warm air always wins, right? Seems like with any system coming from south we get that issue.

• THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

Moderate snow here now and the CC line crashed south atleast here. 

• THUMBS UP 1

32 minutes ago, ak9971 said:

We talked about mixing for a couple days because of the less than ideal surface temps. I posted an ILN snippet maybe yesterday morning. It was something to keep an eye out for both today and tomorrow 

21 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

We talked about mixing for a couple days because of the less than ideal surface temps. I posted an ILN snippet maybe yesterday morning. It was something to keep an eye out for both today and tomorrow 

Yeah I just thought that was later in the day from what I remember. I knew it was a possibility, just didn’t think it was going to be a problem at 29-30 degrees surface temp overnight. 

7 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

That’s nuts because I’m in North College Hill now and it’s snowing but was plain rain at the house

Rain in Pickaway county. Radar and CC shows snow but it’s plain ole rain. Par for the course around here. At least it shouldn’t last long lol.