January 8-10, 2024 | Winter Storm Potential

snowlover2

12 hours ago, snowlover2 said:

2nd or 3rd run now that shows another wave slamming lots of us after the main storm cuts west. Something to keep an eye on.

9908ec26-cc5a-4d3a-8b0d-1657849a8a23.gif

snku_024h-imp.us_ov.png

Great, now the follow-up wave cuts west too. For us mid-ohio folks, the winter from hell (winter in hell?) continues...

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

10 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Given that we are in an el nino it doesn't make sense for a storm to cut west like that. I suspect this will start to trend south. How far south? Who knows lol

Just cause the base state is El Nino doesn't mean that there can't be patterns/stretches that don't necessarily fit.

• LIKE 2

2 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Given that we are in an el nino it doesn't make sense for a storm to cut west like that. I suspect this will start to trend south. How far south? Who knows lol

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

But look how far some of the members are. I got a decent feeling about this one

Anything could happen but with the lack of snow up north, I'm not sure south is the right direction for the first system. I imagine the next system tracks farther south though.

1 hour ago, Cary67 said:

Will see if the trend of the Euro over amplifying systems at long range comes to an end. Seen a lot of this over the last several winters not come to fruition 

I'm always going to be skeptical of a low-mid 970s surface low passing through northern IL unless it's still being modeled just a couple days out.