January 8-10, 2024 | Winter Storm Potential

snowlover2

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

My wife's work is in North Chicago (just south of Waukegan) and she's there this week. Its literally killing me inside haha

I bet.....

Local tidbit - had some sleet/flakes/graupel overnight before changing to rain, but zero accumulation. I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning & noticed a co-worker's car had an inch or so of wet snow on the roof. He lives over in the Johnstown area & told me they had about 2" of wet snow/sleet before changing to rain. Any other forum members in that area pick up some overnight accumulation?

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Local tidbit - had some sleet/flakes/graupel overnight before changing to rain, but zero accumulation. I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning & noticed a co-worker's car had an inch or so of wet snow on the roof. He lives over in the Johnstown area & told me they had about 2" of wet snow/sleet before changing to rain. Any other forum members in that area pick up some overnight accumulation?

the annoying part of that is it will go towards seasonal accumulations and yet 99% of the local population won't even know it happened

• THUMBS UP 1

10 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I saw slush on the berm on the way into downtown from the airport area at 7, and heard on the traffic report on the radio that licking county did get more snow than the city area.

• THUMBS UP 1

40 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Neighbor/friend works in the Bethel/Henderson area and said when he got to work around 9:00 there was some ice in their lot. 

50 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

had a slushy dusting on the car this morning in kilbourne. It was still a mix when i left the house at 6:45 but all rain shortly after. 

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

Way up yonder here, 0.7" of snow overnight.  Still a very light slushy coating on the ground, especially in the "leafy" woods. Currently 37°.

Edited by Hiramite

56 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I can confirm Johnstown had about that much. I live near Intel and was quite surprised. Not sure how far E/NE this extended, but surprised it wouldn't have hit you in Prospect.

• THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I would estimate just under 1” of slush fell in Clintonville overnight. 

5 hours ago, Pghsnow said:

I have friend in Algonquin who said he didn't even get a dusting. I told him yesterday afternoon it's coming .  NWS had him at 2-4 inches over night. Big bust. 

Overnight front end snows underperformed north of Chicago. Will see if this afternoon amounts to much

2 hours ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I had about the same in Nerk...

• THUMBS UP 2

2 hours ago, adurb44 said:

I can confirm Johnstown had about that much. I live near Intel and was quite surprised. Not sure how far E/NE this extended, but surprised it wouldn't have hit you in Prospect.

I was surprised as well - must've had a warm nose of air spoil the fun in my area. It's very unusual for areas NW of C-bus to have more warm air struggles than areas to the E/SE. Interesting.

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Wowimage.thumb.png.96e21fc93365b11db5cc56a45dbb2e29.png

I just hit 28.93" here, or a hair under 980 mb.  This is now the lowest pressure that I've ever personally observed.

Edited by Hoosier
  • LIKE 1
  • WOW 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1