January 8-10, 2024 | Winter Storm Potential

snowlover2

43 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

LOL - I know this isn't all snow & the TT frozen precip algorithm is screwed up, but it does show that there may be a decent thump of frozen precip across Ohio late tonight/tomorrow morning...

18z 3km NAM:

3km.gif

That’s interesting. Maybe some sleet if anything. 

46 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

LOL - I know this isn't all snow & the TT frozen precip algorithm is screwed up, but it does show that there may be a decent thump of frozen precip across Ohio late tonight/tomorrow morning...

18z 3km NAM:

3km.gif

This is where the ferrier snowfall on 3K NAM helps. Sorts though the sleet vs snowfall. 

IMG_1767.png

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
Just now, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Barely missed out on the blizzard here in Amarillo, but certainly had it to our northwest. Got to issue my first blizzard warning yesterday and it seems like it'll pan out fairly well.

That is so cool. We all dream of getting a blizzard.. and you got to issue the warning for one. THE POWER.

I recently lost my umbrella. I had computer work to do at a library because I am a freelance writer. A rain- sleet mix was beginning around the time I approached the library, around 2:40 p.m. in southern St. Louis. After several hours of work, I left the library by 7. The walk home was excruciating: cold, pelting rain; the wind blowing in my face; and sirens so loud and shrill that I had to plug my ears. It was 20 minutes of purgatory. That is what I get for skipping church yesterday. I think the last worst walk in the rain was in October 2008 with a 34-degree rain and a 25- mile-an- hour wind blowing in my face. That was the day, in upstate NY, that we were supposed to get five inches of snow but instead received frigid rain.

• SAD 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1

Areas south of me received up to 2-3" overnight in western and southern burbs. MBY had only a dusting to 0.5" Will see what snow totals up to with deformation band coming later today. Under WSW for 3-7"

• LIKE 1

Just now, Cary67 said:

Areas south of me received up to 2-3" overnight in western and southern burbs. MBY had only a dusting to 0.5" Will see what snow totals up to with deformation band coming later today. Under WSW for 3-7"

Good luck!

• THANKS 1

Much ado about nothing here this morning. A light slush near the Ohio border, nothing accumulating elsewhere. The advisory was overblown as temps stayed around 34-35 all night.

5 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

I have friend in Algonquin who said he didn't even get a dusting. I told him yesterday afternoon it's coming .  NWS had him at 2-4 inches over night. Big bust. 

Woke up at 4am and was surprised to see a heavy dusting/coating of snow on the ground and thick slush on the roads. It switched to rain at that point, but took another 3ish hours to melt away. 

39 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

There is nothing I hate more than 30-something-degree rain. UGH. Hope those of you to my North/West are getting pummeled with the white stuff.

37 degrees and .64 thus far 🤮

It snowed for a good 3-4 hours this morning. Lots of blowing snow; over a dozen accidents across the metro area. Got about a quarter of an inch at my house. Almost makes me hopeful about this weekend.

• LIKE 1