January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

10 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

I don’t like this map lol

Neither do I, but ain’t nothing I can do about it.

IMG_2325.jpeg

Edited by Burr
  • LIKE 2
  • FLUSHED 1
  • LAUGH 2

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

18z euro snow trend. Might have ticked a smidge south. Some light blue on LI now  .  Whoa, bumpy up here  over the Chesapeake bay bridge now   There’s a good jet streak moving across us  

trend-ecmwf_full-2024010518-f054.snku_acc-imp.us_ne.gif.b2909a833f24f00a54945d67dbe3a528.gif

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 4

Bigger concern for me is, after whatever snow or rain we get from this storm we have another on the 9th with potential heavy rain.  Could mean more flooding from the Passaic River into town.  This is just river rise from our Saturday event.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 7.27.45 PM.png

• YUCK 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NJ Snowman said:

Bigger concern for me is, after whatever snow or rain we get from this storm we have another on the 9th with potential heavy rain.  Could mean more flooding from the Passaic River into town.  This is just river rise from our Saturday event.

Yeah if anyone hasn’t checked that thread I encourage it.  2-4” of rain with 40-60 kt gusts. No sexy snow amounts though. But don’t get caught off guard with flooding and uprooting. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, NJ Snowman said:

Wide spread 3-4" of rain over the entire basin for the Passaic River on top of the snow that falls tomorrow is not going to be very pretty.   I could see it at least reaching moderate if not major.   

• THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, PA road DAWG said:

The poconos never disappoint. Never have they ever lol 

Man move up here. You can do your job from anywhere in PA 🙂 If I were you I would have moved to a more snow friendly area already. My wife hates snow and my daughter is 11 y/o and doesn't want to have to make new friends, so for me moving is not an option. Otherwise I would have made the move to a hill in northern New England somewhere like Vermont or Maine. My job is 100% remote so I can work anywhere in the world as long as I have fast WiFi. Though I'm not sure if your family situation would afford such a move.

1 hour ago, PA road DAWG said:

Gouldsboro, Wayne county PA lol

Camelback all the way, 2000 FT. Though the base might get less but still entire ski resort will get blanketed no doubt.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

EPS snow trend, where it matters   Boston to Pvd is an interesting forecast 

trend-epsens-2024010518-f054.sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_state_ne_s.gif.25c03b8466c625ee9b4a9bca31086493.gif

Over Long Island now.  Robert Moses Causeway

Edited by StretchCT
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

39 minutes ago, Burr said:

Neither do I, but ain’t nothing I can do about it.

IMG_2325.jpeg

Where's an adult beverage emoji when you need one. I'm working on a Bombay gin dirty martini. Trying to scale down beer consumption so I don't look as hideous in Speedo's when I go to Rio de Janeiro later in February for carnival and wife's bday 😝

Btw, screw the models, it's nowcasting time. It's 22F, calm winds.

• LOVE 1

I just watched a snow map on the tv app Fox Weather.  They just showed Harrisburg, PA as getting 1-3 but with no explanation.  Is the cold weather damming halting the approach of the snow shield?  Just a guess.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

SREF trend, including 21z.

trend-srefens-2024010521-f051.sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne.gif

I expect it to keep eroding through Maine. Models are picking up on that dry NE drainage. Could be good ratios up this way if we can saturate the DGZ.

• LIKE 1

19 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

Throw some Tito’s in there!

Tito’s comes later…. To close the deal….😜

Edited by Rickrd

1 minute ago, MaineJay said:

I expect it to keep eroding through Maine. Models are picking up on that dry NE drainage. Could be good ratios up this way if we can saturate the DGZ.

The QPF trend map really shows the push clearly too

• THUMBS UP 1

2 hours ago, Poco said:

Buddy works at a ski resort by Stroudsburg

tood me just got the call about cleaning up the sidewalks and lot etc.  and to be preppped for 9-15” per resort 

nothing like third hand snow forecasts, make sure to up the total and spread the word 🤣🤣🤣

Taking 611 through Stroudsburg and crossing at the Columbia bridge makes a nice ride through The Gap with some great views of the Delaware.

• LIKE 2