January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

Okay for fun 5 hours ago this is what AccuWeather posted .  They have the low a bit further south an east .  Wonder if they will smart enough to change it. 

IMG_0472.webp

Edited by Wtkidz
  • LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

Can someone give me an IMBY update? I don’t mean to be greedy I’ve had no time to catch up on the posts

CHEERS!!

Maybe an 1”. And some rain. Sorry. 

Edited by Rickrd
  • SAD 1

1 minute ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

Can someone give me an IMBY update? I don’t mean to be greedy I’ve had no time to catch up on the posts

CHEERS!!

IMBY, the sun is shining and I can see grass. On the sidewalk people are walking wearing heavy coats. Probably not what you meant 😛 

• LAUGH 5

1 minute ago, Psu1313 said:

IMBY, the sun is shining and I can see grass. On the sidewalk people are walking wearing heavy coats. Probably not what you meant 😛 

What?  No streakers?

• LAUGH 1

2 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

CHEERS!!

Yeah, I am feeling a little neglected myself, no one seems to want to cater a forecast to IMBY either.  I suspect I will be going by the LOTFD model early tomorrow morning.  That is, the look out the front door model.  This seems to be one of those where you just want know what you are getting until you are getting it.

• LOVE 1

This is real time RAP version look as the SLP starts to move up from GOM

Probably like to see that a touch east of there - but not so much that it would eject at OBX, so it may "work"

image.thumb.png.e9c9852e09b1cfd5675475b53310f084.png

Edited by Undertakerson2.0

6 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

CHEERS!!

Tito’s and rain… if you get any snow good on you

• LIKE 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah, I am feeling a little neglected myself, no one seems to want to cater a forecast to IMBY either.  I suspect I will be going by the LOTFD model early tomorrow morning.  That is, the look out the front door model.  This seems to be one of those where you just want know what you are getting until you are getting it.

You may see 0 to 2 if I am reading your location correctly on the map.

image.thumb.png.426ffab3591545a56ca7292830bb8b09.png

1 minute ago, Greenjacket said:

As infrequent as I get to play these days (g'damn kids!) I'd give it a go lol

Just don't use white balls. 🤪

Using my patented scientific formula of averaging the qpf of euro, cmc, gfs, nam, rgem and sref, and using that average as the "high end" expectation.. Williamsport region is 0.8" qpf. So, a 6-8" snowfall seems like a reasonable call at this time here.

• LIKE 3

4 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

CHEERS!!

Well I have never seen your back yard. But if if you need it updated I am sure there are few landscapers  on the board. 

Just now, JDClapper said:

Using my patented scientific formula of averaging the qpf of euro, cmc, gfs, nam, rgem and sref, and using that average as the "high end" expectation.. Williamsport region is 0.8" qpf. So, a 6-8" snowfall seems like a reasonable call at this time here.

So in other words, you're using this

image.thumb.png.cecb201e02ddfacbadd9542a28d9a3d3.png

• LAUGH 1

28 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

Alright - Birthday dinner is postponed (not mine).

Change of plans - rented a room at Crystal Springs Resort in Northern Sussex County tomorrow into Sunday (~ 1300' elevation). So will be reporting live from there.

Sweet!  Now your in my neck of the woods. 😀  Crystal Springs is about 700ft in elevation.  MountainCreek Ski resort which is around the corner is about 1400' at the peak.  I'm heading there this afternoon and again on Sunday morning.

• LIKE 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Need the weather stone 

IMG_0474.jpeg

• LAUGH 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 hour ago, mikeysed said:

Thanks for the replies.

Restaurant is on Rt 17 by Paramus. SUV and no one elderly. I guess the question was not so much can it be driven in the conditions, but if from 7-1030 is it expected to be heavy snow then like the worst of it, or will that be a period of possibly lighter snizzle, etc. Been looking at amounts but trying to gauge when the heavier white stuff will occur for that area.

I drive an AWD and run snow tires but that still won't help me get hit by someone driving like an idiot in the snow.

• THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, clm said:

You may see 0 to 2 if I am reading your location correctly on the map.

image.thumb.png.426ffab3591545a56ca7292830bb8b09.png

Thank you, that graphic actually does not have Roanoke under any colors, but being in the mountains always makes the forecast more challenging.  The official forecast is still for 1-2 inches of snow/sleet with .2 freezing rain.  I am at a higher elevation than the city, and parts of the county are even higher, so there will be lots of variations on what people get here tomorrow.  More often than not we do a little better than expected, but not always.