January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

Just now, Lazman said:

Is WxDisco still a thing, or did most of us migrate here? Inquiring minds want to know. (Not really into paying for weather, ya know.) 

I checked the other day and it’s a membership paid website now 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS DOWN 1

Just now, Lazman said:

Is WxDisco still a thing, or did most of us migrate here? Inquiring minds want to know. (Not really into paying for weather, ya know.) 

I believe it no longer exists.

• FACEPALM 2

• Admin
10 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Top are MBs...🤷‍♂️

Think 2-4" atm, so anything more will be nice. Still about 1" on the ground so overcoming afternoon surface temps won't be an issue.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 10.24.19 PM.png

SREFs are at like 12-13:1 ratio. But are probably way too wet for me.

Screenshot_20240104-223500.thumb.png.76ad0ca73f7e6031c4f74430238f89cb.png

This will eat into those radar returns trying to cross the Piscataqua Bridge.

namconus_Td2m_neus_41.thumb.png.f7fcf0a11e3035df1614b66282252ab1.png

Just now, PA road DAWG said:

We still have a good 40 hours of surprises yet with this.  That’s a good 5-6 model runs yet.   Curious how this is going to break my heart.  

Always in the back of mind too brother lol

FWIW, looking at H5 trend on GFS by hr 24, I'd speculate she will be a little more like what we've seen from NAM and RGEM

• LIKE 3

I checked the other day and it’s a membership paid website now 

Thanks for the correction.  I thought it was no more.

3 minutes ago, Lazman said:

I think that website is gonezo

• LIKE 1

Just now, Lazman said:

It's been buggy for a long time. I kept getting emails until I marked them as spam. 

Yea.  It looks like it’s dead now idk.  I forget who it was but some admin there went absolutely nuts on me because I apparently didn’t choose them over this.  Idk 

• LIKE 1
  • SKEPTICAL 1
  • LAUGH 4
  • &$!#% 1

3 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

We still have a good 40 hours of surprises yet with this.  That’s a good 5-6 model runs yet.   Curious how this is going to break my heart.  

Going out on a limb here bud after all these years, but you  think it has anything to do with  that negative lean you have 😁

• LAUGH 1

Yea.  It looks like it’s dead now idk.  I forget who it was but some admin there went absolutely nuts on me because I apparently didn’t choose them over this.  Idk 

Planetmaster. 😄 

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1

Just now, Lazman said:

It's been buggy for a long time. I kept getting emails until I marked them as spam. 

I tapped out when the owner went over the top spastic.  Whether I agree or disagree with a person on a subject matter, I'd never harang said person.

• LIKE 3

1 minute ago, PA road DAWG said:

Site was too hostile...

• LIKE 3

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Going out on a limb here bud after all these years, but you  think it has anything to do with  that negative lean you have 😁

"There is no crying in baseball, or Snowstorms." ~ Snobal(2010)

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2

2 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Not sure about that. Got a few seemingly legit emails from PM in the last month, that he had the funding for the entire year and that he had some new platforms. Got zero impression that they were not alive and well. 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Planetmaster. 😄 

I think the name says a lot…

Looking forward to tomorrow’s 12z runs…think some qpf details start to get more narrowly defined…cut-off lines not so much though

Edited by telejunkie
  • LIKE 2

1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Not sure about that. Got a few seemingly legit emails from PM in the last month, that he had the funding for the entire year and that he had some new platforms. Got zero impression that they were not alive and well. 

Went climate change nuts. Sry. I got out of that shitshow. 

• LIKE 2
  • HOT 1

• Social Media Crew

GFS finally looks like other guidance.. it’s all coming together. Now just to hold everything in place for like 48 hours lol IMG_0688.thumb.png.9ed5987fd99da151ea624cc0c2ec69bd.png

• LIKE 3
  • SNOWMAN 1
  • WIND 1

Just thinking, I've been lurking and posting with a LOT of you since back on the old AccuWeather Forum. That's gotta be a good 20 years or so, no? WOW...... We're OLD. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Penn State said:

GFS finally looks like other guidance.. it’s all coming together. Now just to hold everything in place for like 48 hours lol IMG_0688.thumb.png.9ed5987fd99da151ea624cc0c2ec69bd.png

I like how the snow is reaching farther south these latest runs .. started to feel like it was slipping away to SNE .. but encouraging trends this evening back this way for us.

• TROPHY 1

1 minute ago, PA road DAWG said:

2016 still hurts 

I get it. That cutoff seemed personal.  I remember the PV years that caused permanent brain damage for me with the cutoffs just to the south, but 2016 was almost beyond belief. And please don't pull out that 30 mile grid you keep. Let it go man. You're at the 7 year statute of limitations 😁

• LAUGH 4