January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Admin
1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Good to know our fearless leader is nothing but class :classic_biggrin:

I try to read the room. If there's 100 people and only one laughs, I still call that a success.

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • TROPHY 1

24 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

What you thinking out there in the P-burgh?

I haven't been able to follow too closely. I'm in San Diego for work. But it seems models are bringing us back in the game. I see a 1-3 event with upside to 4 inches in southern part of Pgh.

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, MaineJay said:

ARW amped?

Top are MBs...🤷‍♂️

Think 2-4" atm, so anything more will be nice. Still about 1" on the ground so overcoming afternoon surface temps won't be an issue.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 10.24.19 PM.png

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, TheComet said:

Cold night, perhaps coldest of the season: 

image.thumb.jpeg.057cf3d1a0fed7f3a67a758037c2087d.jpeg

Down to 26° here and the winds are howling. I can see Mt Washington so pretty exposed to the NW wind.

6 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Top are MBs...🤷‍♂️

Think 2-4" atm, so anything more will be nice. Still about 1" on the ground so overcoming afternoon surface temps won't be an issue.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 10.24.19 PM.png

There was almost an inch on the grass here, but the dry wind is sublimating the hell out it. Won't be surprised if it's vaporized by morning.

• SHIVERING 1

4 minutes ago, TheComet said:

Cold night, perhaps coldest of the season: 

image.thumb.jpeg.057cf3d1a0fed7f3a67a758037c2087d.jpeg

Pretty wild.  Coldest night IMBY this season  was 15 back in November!

• SHIVERING 1

1 minute ago, PA road DAWG said:

Nice!   Yea it’s 21 here 

Sitting at 20 degrees here near Hazleton. Should be out grabbing some telescope time but I'm too old for that cold. 

• LIKE 1
  • SHIVERING 2

13 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

I Hope this is OK to share but this slide deck from MIT is really gold to learn, read and understand especially the models we mainly look at for snowstorms.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://svante.mit.edu/~jscott/12.310/12.310_Global_Ensemble_Regional_Models.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjczu2ZpMWDAxX6FFkFHeJ3BHIQFnoECBUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2aflBnO4lU89ytXre9nWaG

This was a nice summary!  A couple of my favorite slides...

png1.png

png2 - Copy.png

• LAUGH 1
  • TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 2

I luv watching local stations just to see what they say. Our local LV station has some new talent in weather . So the dude does a really good job, shows the least expected 2-4, call of 3-6 if any mixing, and 6-10 ( some of latest models) if none, and discussed whether or not ( it is weather or not?0, there is any mixing. All good. Then the dude shows the freakin GRAF simulated run, which totally crapped the bed on everything he just stated. Had mix line blowing all the way through Poc's , AND precip ending around 1 am. C'mon man!

Fun to watch.

• THUMBS DOWN 1
  • MELTING 1

67 pages....all these new, but old, friends are sure making it tough to keep up. We'd be lucky to hit the double digit mark in pages prior to this week. Can't say I hate it. 

And as I post, I get this error message lol

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.

If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

• LIKE 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1