January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Social Media Crew
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

image.thumb.png.09f8c2911a615ae1826aa1d941b8da99.png

I’ll be darned if they didn’t up totals.. I would have expected the opposite! 

Edit: Said Snobal.. White flag in hand.. 😂 Page Topper! Boom! 💥 giphy.gif.6058a7f09394771c50170fa0f6118ae9.gif

Edited by Penn State
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 3

• Social Media Crew
Just now, JDClapper said:

Been tracking this so long it feels like it should be here tonight/tomorrow .. but damn, still 36+ hours to go.  #impatient

This thread’s going to have like 100 pages.. at least.. before we’re done I would think 

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Penn State said:

This thread’s going to have like 100 pages.. at least.. before we’re done I would think 

I scanned through the first 3 pages .. it went from wishful thinking and just trying not to be bored with winter on 12/29, to hope entering some of our minds 12/30 to party zone on 12/31.

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, Penn State said:

I had to check, we had 100+ back in Dec 2022.

Just now, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Off topic but extended range GFS drops te freakin cold hammer in the third week. Temps not higher than TEENS? 

I hate winter. 

I feel like that has been the trend this year. Cold in the future... soon™

• LAUGH 1

• Social Media Crew
Just now, TLChip said:

I had to check, we had 100+ back in Dec 2022.

I saw that.. one of the Midwestern ones had about 200 pages. With the number of members now, have to assume that’s a record waiting to be broken. Maybe when we get the true big one later in January or February when the MJO comes back around. 

2 minutes ago, Penn State said:

I saw that.. one of the Midwestern ones had about 200 pages. With the number of members now, have to assume that’s a record waiting to be broken. Maybe when we get the true big one later in January or February when the MJO comes back around. 

14th is trying to figure itself out, 19th-21st maybe? some history there.

Another Feb with snow on the ground like 2021 works as well... I'm not greedy or anything.

Edited by TLChip
  • LIKE 1

Just now, TLChip said:

I feel like that has been the trend this year. Cold in the future... soon™

haha .. this reminds me, Ryan Maue posted the best tongue-n-cheek comment yesterday .. 

png1.png

• LAUGH 3

Just now, Penn State said:

Nice segue to connect the creation of this thread. I had mentioned to JD and Poc  (and Jake) that with the MJO phases, we had like a three days window after or on 1/5 for a nice storm. That was also end of December analysing the MJO (RMM2 version using EMON). Anyway, we speculated that something had to happen now or it would have to wait - Jake picked the 7th as his date. Atthat time we also thought the present day soon to be 50/50 might also graze us. Anyway, the GMON version of MJO plotting indicates that early Feb holds much promise

• LIKE 1
  • TROPHY 1
  • FIRE 1
  • LOVE 1

• Social Media Crew
Just now, JDClapper said:

haha .. this reminds me, Ryan Maue posted the best tongue-n-cheek comment yesterday .. 

png1.png

lol.. Isn’t that the way of the world nowadays though.. Some of the tweets I see on X are outrageous. It’s all for likes and attention. “Deadly Polar Vortex to Release Catastrophic Impacts on Millions!” The headline gets the 👀..unfortunately those outlets lose all credibility, and then what? Like the Weather Channel naming storms.. psh. Sorry.. end of rant. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • TROPHY 1

• Social Media Crew
1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

PSU with their map for PA.  I like it, yes please.  @Penn State, I think this has you on line of the jackpot strip for the Commonwealth?  @Undertakerson2.0, less for you just like you like it?

1.jpg

Right there on the eastern fringe of that 4-7” area! I’ve been calling 4-6” for Chambersburg. I lean on the higher end, but I’m sure that’s bias lol 

• SNOWMAN 1

5 minutes ago, Penn State said:

lol.. Isn’t that the way of the world nowadays though.. Some of the tweets I see on X are outrageous. It’s all for likes and attention. “Deadly Polar Vortex to Release Catastrophic Impacts on Millions!” The headline gets the 👀..unfortunately those outlets lose all credibility, and then what? Like the Weather Channel naming storms.. psh. Sorry.. end of rant. 

Ooh another segue!! Not sure if you guys saw Dr. Amy's new blog

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/blogs/polar-vortex/welcome-polar-vortex-blog

Edited by Undertakerson2.0
  • LIKE 2