January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

33 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

This did not "go south". It slowed down and actually weakened a bit at first, allowing it to spread more snow back inland. It then bombs out and because it had slowed, has great CCB activity enhancing it all. 

Yea, was referring more to the final result, not the track. We truly getting saved by the fact that it doesn’t get too strong, too early. Toeing a thin line, we are, but have to with this  setup.

6 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Yea, was referring more to the final result, not the track. We truly getting saved by the fact that it doesn’t get too strong, too early. Toeing a thin line, we are, but have to with this  setup.

Indeed, because if it went strong sooner, it would draw on that bathtub called the Atlantic (curr 45-50F, last I looked) A very tight rope here. 

1 hour ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

It WAS legit, it didn't last - the next cycle removed all of them except 1983, I stopped looking afterwards/ There was no way this was EVER going to be any of those history makers (I forgot to add that Jonas was also on that list) They archive their ouput, so if I revisit I'll try to remember to pull it up as a screen shot. 

No, I mean you.  I was just shocked to see the name.  this sounds like the real UTS.  Just.  Wow,  

• LIKE 1

8 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Nam and rgem 0z should start to be more revealing as we get within 48 hrs of the mesos 

15z Sref with an ever so slight tick back SE.. in all fairness she was quite NW at least PA with the highest snow totals, so not surprising.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne (1).png

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, Miller A said:

No, I mean you.  I was just shocked to see the name.  this sounds like the real UTS.  Just.  Wow,  

😁😆

A few new parts (hip, primarily) same old attitude. 

Hey Ma! Look! It's me!

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1

22 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

You're not the only one captured in speedos....

Page Topper...snobal in speedos

Sorry, but this makes me have to do it........

.snobalGif.gif.af2579c4f6ea0eee8ca0388dbda5a7d7.gifpost-21746-1486579264_thumb.jpg.475d27c2d00010d5ee999cd95c41c28d.jpg

All must submit to Snobal

I'm really sorry for having to do this 🙂 

• LIKE 1
  • WOW 1
  • LAUGH 4

Sheesh, 15z SREF plumes went from a tight cluster of 5-8" at 9z, to an equal distribution of 2-12" at 15z. Its Tryin' to figure something out I suppose.. bah.

• THINKING 1

53 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

I just want to THINK it went south, thank you 

I offered the storm left over Christmas Candy   Cookies , and old Egg nog . Guess that was not enough for it to come south and east. 

• LAUGH 2

14 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

15z Sref with an ever so slight tick back SE.. in all fairness she was quite NW at least PA with the highest snow totals, so not surprising.

sn10_acc-mean-imp.us_ne (1).png

Oooooo maybe my Leftover Christmas candy, cookies and egg nog are working after all.   I only want an inch of snow for 15 minutes or so….

10 minutes ago, Miller A said:

Sorry, but this makes me have to do it........

.snobalGif.gif.af2579c4f6ea0eee8ca0388dbda5a7d7.gifpost-21746-1486579264_thumb.jpg.475d27c2d00010d5ee999cd95c41c28d.jpg

All must submit to Snobal

I'm really sorry for having to do this 🙂 

Careful, I still burn laps on the daily and have a new suit. I said I no longer pose it in, but I might make an exception

20240104_141425.jpg

• SHOCKED 1

• Admin
37 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

You're not the only one captured in speedos....

Page Topper...snobal in speedos

There must be some posts that got hidden, so staff page toppers are different from everyone else (we still see the hidden posts). Just so everyone understands why this doesn't look like a page topper to them.

• LIKE 1

Just now, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Yes, we had a heavy burst around noon that was mood setter.

What?  The storm or posts about Snobal?  🤪

• LAUGH 2

10 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Sheesh, 15z SREF plumes went from a tight cluster of 5-8" at 9z, to an equal distribution of 2-12" at 15z. Its Tryin' to figure something out I suppose.. bah.

backed off big time with the notion of rain and mixing. doubled snow output for MDT yet strict temps don't support that. Chaos

• THINKING 1