January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

Remember MJ mentioning to not trust the analogues? I peeped them the other day (2 days ago) and it had a murderer's row of NESIS blockbusters. Including Snowmagedon (pt1 2/6/2010), Bliz 96, NA Bliz Feb 1983, - just to name a few...

• LIKE 2

• Moderators

Who said Beetlejuice 3 times? Maybe the dark knight will ride into town next?

Man...we got a wild ride coming up. Buckle up everyone....going to be rejoicing followed possibly by heartbreak seemingly for some.

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 1

2 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Who said Beetlejuice 3 times? Maybe the dark knight will ride into town next?

Man...we got a wild ride coming up. Buckle up everyone....going to be rejoicing followed possibly by heartbreak seemingly for some.

I did let him know about this forum a couple of days ago.  He messaged me the other day.

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, RobB said:

I did let him know about this forum a couple of days ago.  He messaged me the other day.

Still in touch with him and Poc - and a young dude from Cherry Hill NJ (Jake) who went to Millersville U for meteorology and had an instructor who we old timers knew from AW Forums - Kyle Elliot (junior met), the kid who looked like Eli Manning. 

Jake, Poc and I go bass fishing from time to time

Edited by Undertakerson2.0
  • LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Chris2333 said:

Why do we not have a meme or gif that says “NAM it” yet. Feel like would be of great use in the forum…. 

Need @StretchCT back at full capacity (sounds like he's on the road away from his computer this week). He's always good for some good meme's.

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

Seen he's been active on FB talking about the mid-week storm. Sounds like he's pretty excited about it.

12z NAM is a great run for interior New England as the trailing wave phases into our storm and allows the surface storm to sit and spin for several hours just south of LI

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, telejunkie said:

Need @StretchCT back at full capacity (sounds like he's on the road away from his computer this week). He's always good for some good meme's.

Seen he's been active on FB talking about the mid-week storm. Sounds like he's pretty excited about it.

12z NAM is a great run for interior New England as the trailing wave phases into our storm and allows the surface storm to sit and spin for several hours just south of LI

Hell, I am excited for that storm and I am not even on the wintry side of it.  If strong as progged, it will be an interesting storm to track.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Undertakerson2.0 said:

And just for the record... I no longer pose in Speedo's. 

I do, however, take the oppt'y to pose in my new swimwear when I go to some Caribbean beaches. 

Screenshot 2024-01-04 095628.png

slap-face.gif

• LAUGH 2

Just now, PA road DAWG said:

Haha no. Even worse.  We cover all of I-81, I-380, and I-84 in Lackawanna county. 

Yikes right in the slot. And 1st storm. Good luck. Be safe. 

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, Chris2333 said:

Somber note bad things happening in Iowa right now…

I can delete this if it’s inappropriate…

'Murica

• LOVE 1

1 hour ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

UT old logic still applies. Step down theory was discussed numerous times on old Accu. It’s usually baby steps with large scale pattern changes. Almost like train tracks being laid down. Seldom morph from mild/rain to cold/ snow pattern , and vice-versa overnight. 
So may have a wild ride coming up on this forum👍

I remember that the winter of 2006-07 ( also El Niño if I remember correctly) was awfully mild and almost snowless from November through mid- January.  Around January 16, we went into a cold pattern, but snow was scarce until the big Feb. 13-14 storm. February ended up being the coldest and snowiest in 14 years.

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 2