January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

So when does it now require us to do a puzzle before posting. Or is I just me….. am I on a naughty list ?

I'm not sure, I had to do the same thing.  I had trouble with some editing as well.

I've been trying to find out what's going on.

• Social Media Crew

I think the energy that forms this is way back here.. the good news (maybe) is that it’s a pretty smooth track into the SW and points east (to my eye.. I’m sure there’s more involved lol) IMG_0612.thumb.jpeg.d9784b9bd858561aeb9b2cc8c8691480.jpeg

gfs_z500_vort_namer_fh0-168.thumb.gif.390a84811b5b5e22a238dc9bca37f713.gif

• LIKE 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, Wtkidz said:

So when does it now require us to do a puzzle before posting. Or is I just me….. am I on a naughty list ?

1 hour ago, MaineJay said:

I'm not sure, I had to do the same thing.  I had trouble with some editing as well.

I've been trying to find out what's going on.

It seems to be resolving itself, yet we'll keep an eye. If it continues, we can put a ticket in with support. Unless of course, Julia Roberts and Mahershala Ali are also having cyber trouble 😎

• LIKE 1

• Admin

Northern stream interaction of some kind might be a necessity here being primary a southern stream feature.  If I had to guess this far out, it could be the heavy snow axis is fairly narrow. Details to be ironed out though.

• LIKE 1

• Social Media Crew
15 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Northern stream interaction of some kind might be a necessity here being primary a southern stream feature.  If I had to guess this far out, it could be the heavy snow axis is fairly narrow. Details to be ironed out though.

Definitely.. That rain / snow line is creeping north. Too close for comfort. lol.. I can’t even remember our last pure snow event. Most of the ones over the past couple years involved some sort of wintry mix. 

• LIKE 3

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Penn State said:

Definitely.. That rain / snow line is creeping north. Too close for comfort. lol.. I can’t even remember our last pure snow event. Most of the ones over the past couple years involved some sort of wintry mix. 

So often we see those 850 freezing temps slowly erode in the final days. That said, no need to fret yet, lots of time.

• The title was changed to January 6-8, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm Potential