January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

2 minutes ago, 1816 said:

I remember one year nam nailed thermals around here and the following year I rode hard with the nam. Narrator: that did not work out. 

Note I did say it would not happen but I was answering MJ’s quetion

Edited by Wtkidz

23 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

We generally only attract new members during storms, so we have had a decent influx in the last several days.  We're up to almost 600, and this is the most traffic we've ever had I think.  Hopefully more folks find us, the last few days have been fun.

Screenshot_20240103-174132.thumb.png.565f7202058cff47e6dc891d64554f11.png

Very good.  More doesn’t always mean better, I’m just glad more and more folks seem to have found their way home. 

• LIKE 6
  • THUMBS UP 2

3 hours ago, tool483 said:

Good to see alot of people here, happy new year!

Bernie did post another video today if anyones interested, located here

This was a no- nonsense explanation of the dueling models— with no bells or whistles.

Appreciating that there's something to track. Thanks for those sharing outputs and insights. Also cool to see some growth in the user base + some regulars I used to look to in the AccuWeather days around 2016 - whenever it shut down. Best of luck to all who want snow. It's 'cold' and rainy here in SoCal (aka, my winter these days).

• LIKE 2

• Admin
31 minutes ago, mikeysed said:

I see browser's at 33 people.  Do you have a way to show visitors? I remember back in accuweather days big storms would have 800 to 1100 people reading. Mostly visitors.

The red is visitors, green is members. We are general at about 75% traffic being members, so that's showing the total.  Occasionally the guests will spike, but only to about 100 and briefly, so not sure what that's about.  We do have a few degreed meteorologists as well. 

The first year there was only a handful of us, especially in the northeast. So I've been really encouraged with the engagement.  

We are trying to be as inviting and welcoming as possible.  The daily threads for each month are a great place to just post some personal observations and get a feel for the kind of forum we are trying to build.

• LIKE 4
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • TROPHY 2
  • LOVE 1

19 minutes ago, TLChip said:

Starting to see these media crew throwing up maps with numbers on them.... interesting bets. I think this is too bold this far out, but hey sure!

H216-1536x864.thumb.jpg.30c93aeb80935148ee834938a5263b2d.jpg

A = 6-10
B = 4-6
etc,etc.

Seems far too aggressive on the NW edge. Once you hit State College and head NW this appears to be a minor event.

• THUMBS UP 2

47 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Yeah i wont forget that Binghamton massive total storm as i watched the vastly modeled snowband for mby head on up north of me lol. 

Both the March 2017 and the December 2020 storms were awesome for the Binghamton area, combining for 80 inches in some places. In the last three years, however, the biggest storm has been 14 inches— in April 2022.

• Social Media Crew

This seems like the perfect opportunity for me to plug that we do indeed have an X handle as well! I’m officially the social media director.. but we would love for more members to join us on X. With more members, and retweets, our reach can continue to spread. If you have an X account, we hope you’ll join us online! 

IMG_0667.jpeg

• LIKE 4
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1
  • LOVE 2

• Admin
33 minutes ago, 1816 said:

I remember one year nam nailed thermals around here and the following year I rode hard with the nam. Narrator: that did not work out. 

chris-farley(1).gif.dc661c298666ea877e6f14ac6501a2b7.gif

• LAUGH 1

11 minutes ago, Penn State said:

This seems like the perfect opportunity for me to plug that we do indeed have an X handle as well! I’m officially the social media director.. but we would love for more members to join us on X. With more members, and retweets, our reach can continue to spread. If you have an X account, we hope you’ll join us online! 

IMG_0667.jpeg

image.gif.d03ac6e1d9ff463318b549b43073e968.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2

• Social Media Crew
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Penn State said:

IMG_0667.jpeg

I see a couple new followers already! That’s awesome. Also.. If there’s ever any content that you want featured (thread or event), you can always reach-out to me, and I’ll do my best to Tweet about it. I’m afraid that alone, I may be Mid-Atlantic biased, and want to promote weather events from around the U.S. and internationally that matter to all of our members.

Edited by Penn State
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

2 minutes ago, Penn State said:

I see a couple new followers already! That’s awesome. Also.. If there’s ever any content that you want featured (thread or event), you can always reach-out to me, and I’ll do my best to Tweet about it. I’m afraid that alone, I may be Mid-Atlantic biased, and want to promote weather events from around the U.S. and internationally that matter to all of our members.

I'm sorry, weather happens in other places besides the mid-Atlantic and New England?  .. I'm gonna need a minute to process this.  😐 

• LAUGH 8

17 minutes ago, Penn State said:

IMG_0667.jpeg

Do we have a Facebook and IG account as well?

47 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

We made barbecue for three hours in Virginia.  Not that this will happen. 

floop-nam-2024010318.ref1km_ptype.conus 3.gif

As I type this, I noticed that the post was 40 minutes old and the original Wendy’s “Where’s the Beef” commercials are 40 years old this month. Lol.

• Social Media Crew
3 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Do we have a Facebook and IG account as well?

Facebook.. Yes. Instagram.. No, but I can work on that! IMG_0668.thumb.jpeg.029606fafb7420e8344542040ecd5f7e.jpeg

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, SnowloverSid said:

As I type this, I noticed that the post was 40 minutes old and the original Wendy’s “Where’s the Beef” commercials are 40 years old this month. Lol.

NGL....I'd totally go for a Wendy's burger or even a chili  right now.  They used to be the gold fkn standard.  

• THUMBS UP 2