January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

8 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

So we like 18z GFS now ( shakes the memory cobwebs off) 😀

Some things never change. Just enjoying the model to model ride. Like the old days.

What's the difference between snowmen and snowwomen

Snowballs
Edited by Rickrd
  • LIKE 4
  • TROPHY 2
  • LOVE 3

29 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Gfs with a big shift north west  

But Kurt just said the Euros totals have been coming down closer to the GFS!  5 minutes ago!  😮 

3 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Goddamn SNE always finding a way to cash in 

Yeah i wont forget that Binghamton massive total storm as i watched the vastly modeled snowband for mby head on up north of me lol. 

Boy, you can tell it is a bad year for snow lovers. Everybody is excited about a minor event , which is then going to be followed by a warm rain/wind storm. This winter really sucks.

• LIKE 1

• Admin
12 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

Yeah i wont forget that Binghamton massive total storm as i watched the vastly modeled snowband for mby head on up north of me lol. 

If you are talking about December 2020,I wasn't expecting much of anything. Thought I'd be lucky to get 1-3" just up until it started snowing and ended up with 18".  It's gone the other way in more than one occurrence too.

• LIKE 4

9 minutes ago, buxtonian said:

Boy, you can tell it is a bad year for snow lovers. Everybody is excited about a minor event , which is then going to be followed by a warm rain/wind storm. This winter really sucks.

don't be too sure about the 2nd event....

Follow here 

Edited by Rickrd
  • LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
20 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

We need to get more members for this forum.  Like the good ole accuweather days. 

We generally only attract new members during storms, so we have had a decent influx in the last several days.  We're up to almost 600, and this is the most traffic we've ever had I think.  Hopefully more folks find us, the last few days have been fun.

Screenshot_20240103-174132.thumb.png.565f7202058cff47e6dc891d64554f11.png

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 3
  • LOVE 4

13 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Goddamn SNE always finding a way to cash in 

Long time lurker (like many others) all the way back to the AccuWeather days, but made my way over here and glad I did.  Really happy to see all the “regulars” who i learn a great deal from.  Thanks to all of you for the great data, information, knowledge, etc.  

Additionally, wanted to add that one area’s improvement (in this case NE PA, SNE, etc) is another areas disappointment.  We snow-starved folk here in SE PA are praying this doesn’t inch much further north/west than it already has.  This just doesn’t appear to be our storm, unfortunately.  700+ days and counting…  

• LIKE 4
  • LOVE 1

3 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

We generally only attract new members during storms, so we have had a decent influx in the last several days.  We're up to almost 600, and this is the most traffic we've ever had I think.  Hopefully more folks find us, the last few days have been fun.

Screenshot_20240103-174132.thumb.png.565f7202058cff47e6dc891d64554f11.png

I see browser's at 33 people.  Do you have a way to show visitors? I remember back in accuweather days big storms would have 800 to 1100 people reading. Mostly visitors.

48 minutes ago, Rickrd said:

Had energies connected on this run. The energy in midwest connected with our energy for the storm. BOOM

Bernie Rayno alluded to this, and said he didn't buy into the GFS keeping trailing and leading energies separate. Is there any more energy available we can get to drop into this, like the one in the upper midwest,? hehehe

• THUMBS UP 2

8 hours ago, DanaEaves said:

Hi all! Glad to have found this site! I’m a long time follower of most of you, back from the accuweather forums that I joined in like 2006-2007, to the other site which I’m incredibly annoyed asked for subscribers, then went down and is asking for MORE money (when I already paid $50 for nothing) so I’m grateful for you all here.

My husband owns a contracting company that works in Morris/sussex/warren/passaic counties of NJ, so knowing what might be ahead in a more clear way than what the TV news tells you is priceless for us! Thanks again! 

I also go back to the Accu Weather forum days. In fact, I joined ( under a different name) 15 years and 15 days ago. I went to Wx Disco after Accu closed but left once I found out that I had to pay to post. In addition, the diatribes were getting worse. I even called it the “reign of terror.” I had to change to a completely different handle once I joined here.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

4 minutes ago, B434234 said:

Long time lurker (like many others) all the way back to the AccuWeather days, but made my way over here and glad I did.  Really happy to see all the “regulars” who i learn a great deal from.  Thanks to all of you for the great data, information, knowledge, etc.  

Additionally, wanted to add that one area’s improvement (in this case NE PA, SNE, etc) is another areas disappointment.  We snow-starved folk here in SE PA are praying this doesn’t inch much further north/west than it already has.  This just doesn’t appear to be our storm, unfortunately.  700+ days and counting…  

Welcome to the jungle! 

I feel your pain. Son lives in Manayunk and he's dying a slow snow starved death (Not sure why, I would dread the parking and shoveling nightmare on his streets there should a 6"+ snowfall were to hit). Hang in there. I'm thinking this will be a good year.

• LIKE 1

41 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

We need to get more members for this forum.  Like the good ole accuweather days. 

I think it's longevity and advertising. Be around long enough and make sure everyone knows.  I lurk at americanwx and see grace and others over there. But americanwx membership numbers reflects the fact that we've been checking them out since the internet was invented. 

• LIKE 1

Starting to see these media crew throwing up maps with numbers on them.... interesting bets. I think this is too bold this far out, but hey sure!

H216-1536x864.thumb.jpg.30c93aeb80935148ee834938a5263b2d.jpg

A = 6-10
B = 4-6
etc,etc.

• THINKING 1

3 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

See above

floop-nam-2024010318.ref1km_ptype.conus 3.gif

I remember one year nam nailed thermals around here and the following year I rode hard with the nam. Narrator: that did not work out. 

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

I think it's longevity and advertising. Be around long enough and make sure everyone knows.  I lurk at americanwx and see grace and others over there. But americanwx membership numbers reflects the fact that we've been checking them out since the internet was invented. 

And you can never offer opinions to many of the members over there. 

• THUMBS UP 1

3 minutes ago, TLChip said:

Starting to see these media crew throwing up maps with numbers on them.... interesting bets. I think this is too bold this far out, but hey sure!

H216-1536x864.thumb.jpg.30c93aeb80935148ee834938a5263b2d.jpg

A = 6-10
B = 4-6
etc,etc.

I better go change my snow forecast contest numbers.... LOL.... 

When I was 5, my Dad put Snowballs in the blender to make slushies.

I miss snowballs, she was a good cat....

Edited by Rickrd
  • LAUGH 4