January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

Sigh, as always lately Monmouth county is on the "we might get some snow or literally a flake"

Can someone  comment on the timing for central nj?  I can never figure out the hours.

I'm trying to make sure I have time saturday to bring down the Christmas lights before it gets wet.

2 minutes ago, ionizer said:

Sigh, as always lately Monmouth county is on the "we might get some snow or literally a flake"

Can someone  comment on the timing for central nj?  I can never figure out the hours.

I'm trying to make sure I have time saturday to bring down the Christmas lights before it gets wet.

It’s too early for timing still. By this evening/tomorrow morning I believe all the pieces are on shore. 

The trend was faster and flatter yesterday. This morning and last night it looks like models like to dig a bit again. 

• LIKE 1

Just now, TLChip said:

It’s too early for timing still. By this evening/tomorrow morning I believe all the pieces are on shore. 

The trend was faster and flatter yesterday. This morning and last night it looks like models like to dig a bit again. 

So we don't know if this is a start Saturday vs start Sunday event?

• LIKE 1

Just now, ionizer said:

For my area it’s been somewhere between noon to as late as 8pm on Saturday. So you might be better guessing around 2pm Saturday onset of precip. 

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

2 minutes ago, ionizer said:

Depends on the model, 12z GFS has it starting in CNJ around 2-3p Sat.

• LIKE 1

13 minutes ago, Miller A said:

especially this guy.  

snobalGif.gif

LMFAO! I can not believe this pic is still circulating! Scares the crap out of me everytime!

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 6

It’s pretty unreal how far back some of these WX memes go back. I was in high school… I was smashing refresh in my freshman computer class on accuweather….

Edited by TLChip
  • THUMBS UP 1

Only wish is that is snows during the day. Lot more fun. I did seriously upgrade spotlight system 2 years ago. Wife thought it was for enhanced security. Is the fact that i remained silent on the real reason considered a lie , and a serious breach of wedding vows??

• LIKE 3
  • THINKING 1
  • LAUGH 2

2 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Only wish is that is snows during the day. Lot more fun. I did seriously upgrade spotlight system 2 years ago. Wife thought it was for enhanced security. Is the fact that i remained silent on the real reason considered a lie , and a serious breach of wedding vows??

Have to deal with sun angle during the day., 😔

• FACEPALM 1
  • LAUGH 8

4 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Hoping for a good day of sledding with all the neighbors and the kids. Have a roast sitting in my freezer for pulled pork this weekend, and hot chocolate. We’ve put up the big dewalt/Milwaukee stand lights to sled into the night. 

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

23 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

I remained silent on my real reasons for wanting to move to the Pocono's to 1900' above sea level 18 years ago. Marriage still going strong for 21 years so you're good 😝

Edited by TheComet
  • LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

Must day Action News out of Philly just did great job explaining r/s line for Philly east. Said high needs to be more west to allow more of a cold air drain, and C Bay and ocean temps 50-45. Said would like to see that 40-35. He did fail to mention that was assuming the more northerly track. He was using Euro.

• LIKE 1

19 minutes ago, ionizer said:

It's been a While since I've heard the old sun angle comment being thrown out there

Haven't been able to use the old 'It's too cold to snow' comment in a while. 😔

• SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • SNOWMAN 1
  • LOVE 1

Our news station up here in northern NY (north of Albany) declared an "Alert Day" for Sunday .  I've never heard them use that verbiage before, kinda strange in my opinion.  Thanks to everyone here, lurking for a long time, this is my first post.  Very glad you all are here, lots of very familiar names.....seems very sane and rational here.    A nice change.  🙂  

• LIKE 6

1 minute ago, Gardyloo said:

Our news station up here in northern NY (north of Albany) declared an "Alert Day" for Sunday .  I've never heard them use that verbiage before, kinda strange in my opinion.  Thanks to everyone here, lurking for a long time, this is my first post.  Very glad you all are here, lots of very familiar names.....seems very sane and rational here.    A nice change.  🙂  

Welcome! I lurked for a longggg time.

• LIKE 2

35 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

I believe that's considered "ulterior motive"

• LAUGH 3
  • MELTING 1