Penn State

6 minutes ago, Poco said:

I do….

hopefully this subscription works 

"as soon as you pay my page will have technical difficulties" 

-planetmaster (thank you Pokie Poc) 

Edited by MDBlueridge
  • LOVE 1

Finally backed off some on the strength and orientation (more w/e as of n/s this run) of that four corners sw vort which allowed our energy to consolidate more and gain some latitute.  At least we stopped the trend. TDB if we see some further readjustments with that southwest vort now that the trend seems to have stopped. 

Edited by WeatherFlash
  • LIKE 1

Liking our chances here RickRd for a moderate snowfall. Little worried for the typical I-95 and east battleground. Someone left the hot water running in that big pool to the east- ya know i hate that. And long time High Hog. 1025’er as currently progged is ok, not great. Same with position. That could change. So could intensity, and if does may be game on for many here, hopefully

• LIKE 3

13 minutes ago, Rickrd said:

Last 5 GFS runs FWIW.

gfs-deterministic-ne-total_snow_kuchera-1704283200-1704672000-1704672000-40.gif

I guess GFS must have forgotten to take its meds yesterday. Seems to be more on an even keel this morning.

4 minutes ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Liking our chances here RickRd for a moderate snowfall. Little worried for the typical I-95 and east battleground. Someone left the hot water running in that big pool to the east- ya know i hate that. And long time High Hog. 1025’er as currently progged is ok, not great. Same with position. That could change. So could intensity, and if does may be game on for many here, hopefully

Very true. Still a lot to iron out until this thing gets out of the rockies. Fun times

• LIKE 2

It will be interesting to see which model(s) do(es) better with this one. I have a non scientific theory that some models do better in certain patterns (La Nin~a) versus others (El Nin~no). To my untrained eye GFS did the least bad last winter. But this winter is totally different pattern so we'll see.

Just now, LUCC said:

Going to be close for the usual suspects, Philly to Trenton to NYC and points ENE.

Yeah, just north and west of 95 is going to be dicey. I'm hoping for the best but expecting slop here in Southern lancaster County PA about 20 miles northwest of 95.

• LIKE 2

NWS graphic showing probability of exceeding warning criteria. My take away: looks like many people in here have a decent chance of seeing plowable snow. Let’s Go!

IMG_6229.thumb.jpeg.8261cd0fee9ecfb100f4c59752bab466.jpeg

• LIKE 3