January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Penn State said:

Remember way back when.. we did the “page toppers”.. we should do that again lol 

Page Topper: Boom 💥 

OK. That's really kinda freaky... I was literally just about to say that.

• LAUGH 1

Just catching up from last night 

geez I didn’t realize we’ve had so many dud winters in a row that people from Accu are only now finding the forum cause of this storm 

Crazy 

Edited by Poco
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

6 minutes ago, MDBlueridge said:

I remember who started them. Big husky gentlemen. Lived in the blue ridge I believe. Ruggedly handsome.

CRnJVvM.gif.c04ce80f20b2319dbe9ec9eaad1b3e31.gif

jmbrumberg???

Edited by Psu1313
  • LAUGH 2

Just now, Poco said:

Just catching up from last night 

geez I didn’t realize we’ve had so many did winters in a row that people from Accu are only now finding the forum cause of this storm 

Crazy 

More so that we were all lurking and I’ll be real the other site went full on subscription only and I was out. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Poco said:

The triple dip nina was not too friendly to winter lovers  

atvleast now if there’s a winter storm, chances are any southern stream influence is gonna be juicy 

image.gif.cb6a94036991b37dd2558287de0f8462.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

1 minute ago, Chris2333 said:

More so that we were all lurking and I’ll be real the other site went full on subscription only and I was out. 

Lol @ subscription price…  “the servers are burning!”

“Ok take my money” 

• LAUGH 2
  • MELTING 1

8 minutes ago, Chris2333 said:

I agree. Subscription pushed me away.  I don’t mind donating.  Just don’t like to be commanded. 

• LIKE 2

10 minutes ago, Chris2333 said:

Glad I didn’t sub as I am mainly a lurker. I had a feeling the site would go down no matter how many subs signed up. Oh and I think this is my first post here - I like to lurk. 

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, LI 45 said:

Glad I didn’t sub as I am mainly a lurker. I had a feeling the site would go down no matter how many subs signed up. Oh and I think this is my first post here - I like to lurk. 

There's no way that place was burning through so much cash.  Either poorly run or some other issue.  Moderator seemed a bit over the top too

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • FIRE 1

7 minutes ago, LI 45 said:

image.gif.5ca15bc6bb824a17fbd2acf3dbe3f475.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2
  • LOVE 1

Hi all, mostly lurker from Accu and Disco and now here. Always learn a lot from you guys. I need to put air in my snowblower tires. The longer I hold out, the more likely it will snow...

• LIKE 4
  • THUMBS UP 1

Just cause it wasn’t posted 

0z gmao 

IMG_3632.thumb.png.f6402b22e2cf3dd1b5d43f8a0e7e3d01.png

very tucked, temps crash on the frame afterwards cpa buried

look from above at 500mb

IMG_3633.thumb.png.6cdb1c63b75cd0f7dcd33ae06d26e43c.png

really levers the trailer and pops the front runner NNE, the 5050 downstream is something that’s going to cause the wave to attempt a closure again.  Although the storm doesn’t have much blocking to work with the way it’s oriented (negative snd amplified) and the time it will take to transfer the surface reflection should mean the low pressure should have plenty of time to ring out the pwat ontop of someone.  Not a slow mover, but won’t be a fast one either.

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

Don’t be suprised if you see that trailer piece dropping further down in coming runs causing Storm to tuck and turn north 

IMG_3634.thumb.png.295b14158734a1f9d6032cc7f9cfcf6c.png

06z gefs h5 8 run delta 

that trailer is dropping its badonkadonk the last several runs, 

• LIKE 2
  • WOW 1

12z quick glance.. continues to further seperate that vort thats being left back in new mexico now.. Weaker energy as a result which limits high end amounts.. Similar location but more marginal temps in SC PA and east as a result 

3 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

12z quick glance.. continues to further seperate that vort thats being left back in new mexico now.. Weaker energy as a result which limits high end amounts.. Similar location but more marginal temps in SC PA and east as a result 

Back to a coaster hugger though. Its quick but interior does great. 

Just now, Rickrd said:

12z GFS. FASSSST MOVER

IMG_8408.png

Yeah, now onset could be a little before 7pm here near CPA.. and is outta here before the sun rises Sunday. A 6-10 hour storm.. gonna have to get 1"+ rates if you want to see over 6". Does it have the moxy?

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

Multiple lollipop zones on 12z GFS....think it would be a NESIS storm as depicted and even gives NYC some white

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 11.12.56 AM.png

Edited by telejunkie
  • LIKE 1

Last time I logged in they were discussing subscriptions and there was some political arguments or something going on. Or people arguing about people arguing. I don't fully remember. I'm still shocked it's been that long since I logged in 🤣.  I would have thought I was at least checking for hurricane season but I guess not.

Edited by unluckystars13
  • LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, telejunkie said:

Multiple lollipop zones on 12z GFS....

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 11.12.56 AM.png

The northern creep continues.  Darn thermals will be the death of the storm for snow in my area. 

Edited by Wtkidz