January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

Looking from bedroom window, I estimate we have about 3". Flake size has been small so it hasn't been accumulating quickly. Our forecast is for snow to continue through the day. We will see if we hit my NWS forecast of 5". 

• LIKE 5

5 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Well, we clawed oor way to 5" up here in the Williamsport area. Still light snow but its pretty much a wrap. 👍

20240107_083627.jpg

We're all so very proud of you for your effort... (to help make our snow guesses verify for the Port) 😁

Edited by Undertakerson2.0
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2

It snowed all night and is snowing still with 5.5" measured on the deck with this frontend "bump".  The flakes have been small and there has been some drifting. This morning's low temperature was 22ºF and it is currently 23ºF with a 20ºF windchill.  Today's highest wind gust was 15mph.  I expect a lull in the snow action with Round #2 arriving later this afternoon.  I expect to get ~10" total at this point.  We'll see.

Edited by jbrumberg
  • LIKE 3

30 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

We're all so very proud of you for your effort... (to help make our snow guesses verify for the Port) 😁

Airport will probably come in a little lower, they tend to down by the river.  Bummer, b/c I initially went with 4.75" and upped it to 5.75" before the deadline.  Lesson learned, what you think will happen at 48 hours, just stick with it.  Don't bite on model adjustments lol

Edited by JDClapper
  • LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, JDClapper said:

Airport will probably come in a little lower, they tend to down by the river.  Bummer, b/c I initially went with 4.75" and upped it to 5.75" before the deadline.  Lesson learned, what you think will happen at 48 hours, just stick with it.  Don't bite on model adjustments lol

I will no doubt do the worst in my area for the contest. 🤣

• LAUGH 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, buxtonian said:

7" down, snowing lightly, 18˚ F, light wind NE wind. Looks like we are about to be dry slotted.

We should get a good few hours here as the mid levels close off and advect moisture of the Gulf of Maine. I expect the radar to fill.

• LIKE 2

Solid 7” here in Bushkill Twsp. Had about 45 mins of sleet and rain last night which pushed it down a bit. 
still snowing light to mod this morning.
Now to clean it up or wait 2 days and let Mother Nature do it via rain. 
not sure when our next one is coming, this Wednesday is a miss but maybe next weekend. 
pic is as of right now mod to heavy snow!
Good luck to our friends in NE with storm. 
GO JETS!

IMG_8531.jpeg

Edited by Rickrd
  • LIKE 4
  • YUCK 1
  • LOVE 2

2 hours ago, MaineJay said:

Pixie dust up here at 14.5°

Totally different down here. Heavy wet stuff. Like someone else said, 50 pounds a shovel full. But temps are dropping a bit so what's falling now is more fluffy. BOX has been warning of a flash freeze this afternoon so all the slop that's not cleaned up will be frozen in place - at least until Tuesday/Wednesday's event.

• LIKE 3