January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

OK all. This has been great. Thanks for putting up with me, White coat guys looking into my room. They're about to pounce. They seem grumpy . Zero sense of humor. Been a blast . This site rocks . 

See y'all next weekend. Check that redeveloper out. Models should nail that shit easy., cuz  they did sooo well with this simple equation. We had  a HIGH and a MILLER A. Add a late transfer and they will be chasing their tails till after the storm.

• LIKE 3
  • LAUGH 1
  • TROPHY 1

12 minutes ago, LongIslanGurlllll said:

Im glad you carried on without the Tito’s, more for me!

Time for you to do a quick ski trip to PA to checkout som snow 😝but be ready, yours is coming. Still plenty of winter left. 75% of snow happens after January 20th in the EC. February 8th is the halfway point. This is only the beginning. Only January 6th.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

OK all. This has been great. Thanks for putting up with me, White coat guys looking into my room. They're about to pounce. They seem grumpy . Zero sense of humor. Been a blast . This site rocks . 

See y'all next weekend. Check that redeveloper out. Models should nail that shit easy., cuz  they did sooo well with this simple equation. We had  a HIGH and a MILLER A. Add a late transfer and they will be chasing their tails till after the storm.

Sweet dreams!

1 minute ago, RTC3-LAST CHANCE said:

Certainly is a great site. No drama. Pure fun. And sexy at times. 😂

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 3

On 1/4/2024 at 9:44 PM, PA road DAWG said:

Yea.  It looks like it’s dead now idk.  I forget who it was but some admin there went absolutely nuts on me because I apparently didn’t choose them over this.  Idk 

That was what made me stop posting over there, as well as the switch to subscription-only. I have a tight budget, and one shouldn’t have to pay to post. I think that the founder is his own worst enemy. I even had to completely change my handle so he wouldn’t unleash a similar diatribe on me.

2 minutes ago, tool483 said:

Starting to pick up here, finally got out there for a walk 

20240106_213726.jpg

She/He looks happy! They like snow because it cools them off, and they get to play.

• LIKE 1

First time in a long time out in a Saturday night (going home before 11 p.m. so still old bastard) but there's a slushy layer on cars/roads that rain is falling on. So glad we took my sedan and not my wife's all-wheel SUV. #LongIsland

• LIKE 2
  • DISAPPOINTED 1
  • FACEPALM 1

1 minute ago, LiveWire_13 said:

First time in a long time out in a Saturday night (going home before 11 p.m. so still old bastard) but there's a slushy layer on cars/roads that rain is falling on. So glad we took my sedan and not my wife's all-wheel SUV. #LongIsland

When I was coming home around 8:30, was pure rain and no slush on the roads.

• LIKE 1
  • SAD 1

• Moderators

Another heavy band moving through.  IDK if we'll make 5-6" , let alone 5-10. Not even 2 yet. 

The whole thing seems bandy to me. Maybe that was the struggle in the modeling.  There's no big solid swath of moisture, but pockets of it. 

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-subregional-New_England-comp_radar-03_25Z-20240107_map_noBar-20-1n-10-100.thumb.gif.9088a401359494c21f236eaeb9d453a3.gif

• LIKE 2
  • SKEPTICAL 1
  • SAD 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

6 minutes ago, TheComet said:

She/He looks happy! They like snow because it cools them off, and they get to play.

she was...she a happy one but a spaz.. a damn horse i tell u lol

The plow guys are bored around here plowing wet pavement waiting for it to accumulate, guess to salt too

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

Gotta say we have had a LOT of rain here in the warm side of the storm.  

Happy to hear people are enjoying the WxSphere site!  It does feel like the old Accu forum days, but with new voices and more knowledge, too.  

Here’s to the rest of the winter!

• THUMBS UP 2

50 minutes ago, NEPAsnow said:

Puking snow here in Pleasant mt, 6" so far

39 minutes ago, TheComet said:

Seriously in NEPA?

Ok we’re back to all snow.  Measured 6” here at the house at 953’ in the northern valley.  Hoping to get maybe another 2-3 overnight and tomorrow.   @TheComet you guys up there in the poconos have your own little micro climate lol.  Lucky you guys!  It’s like the tug hill of NEPA 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

I’ll call it as 2” max at 635’

lots of sleet, went out for dinner with friends and the roads were so clear my wife let me go to the bar next door for drinks afterwards. As WNEP said, the storm underperformed in the Wyoming valley.  Good luck to our New England friends!

edit: obs is our puppy hates the snow in the backyard, so I took her up the street through the slush, and the crust of all the sleet we’ve gotten. it’s really nothing of note in the valley. 

Edited by mkmcfrlnd

15 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

Ok we’re back to all snow.  Measured 6” here at the house at 953’ in the northern valley.  Hoping to get maybe another 2-3 overnight and tomorrow.   @TheComet you guys up there in the poconos have your own little micro climate lol.  Lucky you guys!  It’s like the tug hill of NEPA 

You guys shouldn’t even be NEPA at that elevation. 😂

we’re so spread out elevation wise that we end up with a weird gradient that looks like what the Facebookers put on 95

• LIKE 1