January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Admin

Cautionary note: The models have consistently exhibited significant forecast discrepancies, even within a 12-hour window of the event, sometimes resulting in variations of approximately ±7 degrees or more. The current atmospheric conditions pose a concern for areas in and around I-95. While it doesn't rule out the possibility, it's worth noting that the high-pressure system extends into the Western Atlantic, making it less favorable for channeling cold air toward the I-95 region. In fact, the setup is conducive to the opposite effect, allowing eastward winds into the coastal areas and bringing uncharacteristically warm air from the ocean onto land. This presents a challenging scenario, particularly for the coastal sections. Just a point to bear in mind.

• LIKE 2
  • TROPHY 1

8 minutes ago, bigben89 said:

Local Mets in PIT are downplaying the snow threat. Probably wise given the past few years of busted forecasts.

Should be a fun week…

All 3 stations? I never watch local news unless my wife puts it on and when she does I tell her to change the station. I'll tell her the weather 10x per day but she says I just want to see what the local guys say 

• LAUGH 1

• Social Media Crew
Just now, WeatherFlash said:

Confluence doesn't look as daunting compared to 18z and 12z runs todays. 

Not at all.. sizable jump NW. Forming the envelopes. 

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

Setting up to be a I95 rain/snow line right at Philly (SNJ would miss out) with a changeover on the backend. Honestly I’m loving what I see on the run so good to see a storm for once (although for me I’d be out of luck but I could care less)

• LIKE 1