January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Admin
2 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Come on I just stopped laughing 5 mins ago and now you got me going again.  My family thinks I'm unhinged by now and my stomach hurts. 

I had completely forgotten about his creative spelling until I read that.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, tool483 said:

decided to go check the WSW and they increased the totals hmmm, 9 to 15 inches whaa? SNE is in the right spot for this one

image.thumb.png.d3528704ad648b4ec73432ed1ee115cd.png

@tool483-  I hope you got your snowblower running.   The NWS/B-N Office did upgrade their snow graphic:

I have the power cord already hooked up to the 🚜's block/hydraulic pre-heaters.  I might just wait and move snow around Monday.  I already have all the "essentials" like beer, and Tito's,  

StormTotalSnow-1.jpg

• LIKE 4

5 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

3.1", another 0.5" last hour.  Flakes improving as the last gasps are coming .. although, radar has me optimistic it's trying to do something nice upstream .. alittle band forming?  Shut up, I'm trying to cope. lol

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20240106-2343-24-100.gif

Don’t look at hrrr then it has snow for you for like 12 more hours or something 😂

IMG_3688.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 1

1 hour ago, MaineJay said:

You have this little negatively tilted trof within a positively tilted long wave.  It's trying to close off, but the long wave is zipping it along.

Screenshot_20240106-171807.png

I was today years old when I figured out what the difference (at least visually) between a short and long wave was. Thanks, MJ.

• THUMBS UP 1
  • BOMBOGENESIS 1

24 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

I busted in most of my snowfall prediction cast lol... i was definitely thinking port north would catch the good stuff more.. backedge is super close so unless we orient differently i would assume this is out of here in the next hour or so

Two day event - we’ll see.

17 minutes ago, tool483 said:

decided to go check the WSW and they increased the totals hmmm, 9 to 15 inches whaa? SNE is in the right spot for this one

image.thumb.png.d3528704ad648b4ec73432ed1ee115cd.png

Forecast totals are all over the place for west of Boston. NWS is most bullish at 8-14". Have the game on and ABC shows 6-9. Local NBC 3-5. Weather underground 6-7. We shall see. Just checked the NWS WSW and that now says 5-12". Guess we're getting a little or a lot or in between. I like that there's still uncertainty around forecasts (especially when I don't need to be anywhere). 

Edited by BossaNova
Typo
  • LIKE 1

17 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Is Snobal2 taken? AFAF

I’d take it but I don’t think I could live up to the handle. 

Good to see you back. Enjoyed the fb posts. 

• THUMBS UP 1

Surprisingly back to Heavy snow  after moderate rates from 1 oclock or so...in Three Bridges in Hunterdon County Western N.J.

Advisory says 3 to 6.

Point and click is 1 to 3

Nice just to see snow falling as I recuperate from abdominal surgery. Good to hear from most of the old gang. 

• SNOWMAN 1

10 minutes ago, tool483 said:

Updated, interesting typo on there lol

image.thumb.png.cab45a1473f5b6f647e4924f3b87cd5a.png

@tool483-  Fortunately it was a beer vs martini "Navage ®", I still need to check my undies😧.  Thanks for the hopefully "laugh"😎

• LAUGH 1