January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

4 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

This band is intense. 

Screenshot_20240106_182525_RadarScope.jpg

You lucky summa! hahah .. funny how these things pan out in reality vs model land.  Expecting to meaure 3" here in about 15 mins .. radar keeps trying to give me hope with some extra returns blossoming here and there to my west, but it's gonna be light/moderate stuff.  Maybe overnight with some wrap around and snow showers we eek it to 5"?  /shrugs 🙂                                                                   

• Moderators

New floodlight camera.  Can play with the settings, capture photos and videos of the snow now. Can see it from work if it's snowing at home or not.

IMG_4A7C26E1E149-1.thumb.jpeg.3759c0c682ff8ca7a8790fc9ccf6668c.jpeg

• LIKE 4
  • LOVE 1

Just now, JDClapper said:

You lucky summa! hahah .. funny how these things pan out in reality vs model land.  Expecting to meaure 3" here in about 15 mins .. radar keeps trying to give me hope with some extra returns blossoming here and there to my west, but it's gonna be light/moderate stuff.  Maybe overnight with some wrap around and snow showers we eek it to 5"?  /shrugs 🙂                                                                   

I busted in most of my snowfall prediction cast lol... i was definitely thinking port north would catch the good stuff more.. backedge is super close so unless we orient differently i would assume this is out of here in the next hour or so

21 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Darn heavy sleet now, had been ZR and mix, now strictly pouring sleet

Rain/Sleet mix here, believe it was 3.5" before the rain compacts it down.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, WeatherFlash said:

I busted in most of my snowfall prediction cast lol... i was definitely thinking port north would catch the good stuff more.. backedge is super close so unless we orient differently i would assume this is out of here in the next hour or so

This may actually be the big bang before the mix... warm air advection sored over the last 30 mins or so 

Screenshot_20240106_183617_RadarScope.jpg

2 minutes ago, WeatherFlash said:

YEah .. I didn't go too crazy but I busted pretty bad too.  I saw a NJ dude went real low everywhere.. he just might win lol

• LAUGH 1

• Moderators
Just now, c8pjp said:

Sorry to muck up the thread, another refugee lurker from the other site(s). Glad to see everyone. 

Back to lurking. 

Welcome!

(did you use your password as your user name?  That's what happened to me at accuweather forums and I'm stuck with this now and can't use it as a password anymore)

• LAUGH 1

Just now, StretchCT said:

Welcome!

(did you use your password as your user name?  That's what happened to me at accuweather forums and I'm stuck with this now and can't use it as a password anymore)

I think so? Can I change my username?

1 minute ago, Rickrd said:

😀

IMG_8518.jpeg

You gotta show the end product when done, love me some smoked food 

obs : No snow yet

Edited by tool483
  • THUMBS UP 1

3.1", another 0.5" last hour.  Flakes improving as the last gasps are coming .. although, radar has me optimistic it's trying to do something nice upstream .. alittle band forming?  Shut up, I'm trying to cope. lol

CODNEXLAB-NEXRAD-CCX-N0B-20240106-2343-24-100.gif

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, c8pjp said:

I think so? Can I change my username?

You can, though I haven't tried yet so not sure it works.  You can click your profile at the top of the page and go to account settings then display name.  You can change once every 180 days. 

Or you can follow in @RTC3-LAST CHANCE footsteps and create another profile with another name.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

"tomarrow"

giphy(24).gif.95b0a7c064077361cc22ce8bf2339eb8.gif

Come on I just stopped laughing 5 mins ago and now you got me going again.  My family thinks I'm unhinged by now and my stomach hurts. 

• LAUGH 1