January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Admin

Best case scenario is the solutions back and forth, at this time.  It's when we start seeing 2, 3, and especially 4 consecutive runs in any particular direction, with any important parameter, that reassessments will have to be made.

I'm still thinking best axis around the mason Dixon line currently. I'm (barely) not stupid enough to try and call for amounts.

And if the solution is close to what has been depicted on some models, pretty good on them.

• LIKE 2

38 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Best case scenario is the solutions back and forth, at this time.  It's when we start seeing 2, 3, and especially 4 consecutive runs in any particular direction, with any important parameter, that reassessments will have to be made.

I'm still thinking best axis around the mason Dixon line currently. I'm (barely) not stupid enough to try and call for amounts.

And if the solution is close to what has been depicted on some models, pretty good on them.

I think it may be a bit further north  but we will see.

picture is just for giggles and grins. 

IMG_0457.png

Edited by Wtkidz
  • LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

1 minute ago, Penn State said:

This is cool.. A breakdown of the EPS members for Hagerstown, MD. There’s an 18” lollipop in there! 
IMG_0638.thumb.png.003266545e7ca5f241c9c975f3a4823f.png

I haven't renewed mine this year yet, was debating on trying weatherbell. I do like the snowfall matrix and the 15 day forecast, along with a bunch of their maps.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Social Media Crew
1 minute ago, TLChip said:

I haven't renewed mine this year yet, was debating on trying weatherbell. I do like the snowfall matrix and the 15 day forecast, along with a bunch of their maps.

Weatherbell interests me as well.. figured I’d go in for a lower price to start, go month by month, and then see if I want to dive in further. I really like the teleconnection charts too. 

• THUMBS UP 1

26 minutes ago, Penn State said:

Oooh.. and the Korean Model.. I’ve always wanted to post this. lol.. Looks strong for PA folks. 

IMG_0637.thumb.jpeg.fbec4d3c4a4b8699950f28a841520235.jpeg

Korean is my favorite model. It is ALWAYS right... 😂🤣😂

• LAUGH 2

3 minutes ago, NEPAsnow said:

what model showed the heavy snow that far west?

None except for 1 run of Euro. I put it in the proper thread. 

32 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

NavGEM and JMA

navgem_mslp_pcpn_eus_23.png

jma_z500_mslp_eus_7.png

Love to see this.   We haven't had a legit storm in what feels like forever and there is a large concensus amongst the models that this one could end the drought. 

Nice to see everyone one again 😀  

• LIKE 3