January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, StretchCT said:

Euro too?  Or not for you.

I was making a general statement, not so much a commentary on specifically modeled threats.

The long range GFS has always seemed particularly adept at spinning up monsters that never materialize. Doesn't mean I can't dream though.

And it's only early January. Even this far south we've been known to get major snowstorms in March, despite the sun angle.

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, Rich Mac said:

Our light snow in Central Bucks has turned into a moderate snow. I haven't seen it come down like this in a few years and it's nice to have back. Unfortunately, we're probably going to turn over to sleet soon and it will turn into a slop storm. Regardless, I'll take what I can get and be happy with it.

I think the best thing to come out of this storm is how it has helped to bring much of the old community back together. It's great to see folks like UTS start straggling in after what seems like years in the wilderness.

As I type, our snow is getting even heavier. We have our internet weather home back. I'm happy.

And then, one day I just stopped and went home...image.png.48283238a40a8aa36862d050d62244db.png

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2
  • LOVE 1

Just now, StretchCT said:

230 radar

230radar.thumb.gif.c0f64c4810135fe27a7ab632bb65179a.gif

oh crap, I better get out there and prepare the snowblower, hasn't been started in allmost two years...it's coming in hot

It's interesting the temps feel much warmer compaired to yesterday, sitting at about 35 atm

• Moderators

Mt Holly radar -  you can see the virga storm better over Orange/Westchester/Fairfield/Nassau/Suffolk Counties better. It's also more colorful. 32.7 here with dp of 24.  Ground is frozen finally. 

230mthollyradar.thumb.gif.5cfde19020d6a749258bad24e0ce1cb5.gif

1 minute ago, tool483 said:

oh crap, I better get out there and prepare the snowblower, hasn't been started in allmost two years

@tool483-  Good luck.  I had a full tank of HiTest go stale in ~ 1 month a couple of months ago.  Tomorrow 🚜 will be moving it.  I'll drain that 🤬 gas this coming Spring.

30ºF here ATM and patiently waiting..........  patiently waiting......🤯

• LIKE 2
  • &$!#% 3

11 minutes ago, Rich Mac said:

Our light snow in Central Bucks has turned into a moderate snow. I haven't seen it come down like this in a few years and it's nice to have back. Unfortunately, we're probably going to turn over to sleet soon and it will turn into a slop storm. Regardless, I'll take what I can get and be happy with it.

I think the best thing to come out of this storm is how it has helped to bring much of the old community back together. It's great to see folks like UTS start straggling in after what seems like years in the wilderness.

As I type, our snow is getting even heavier. We have our internet weather home back. I'm happy.

Well said.

Formerly known as Turtle321 on other not- to- be- named sites, it's wonderful to be lurking and learning again. Hopefully everyone gets what they want from this storm, and hello!

• LIKE 5
  • THUMBS UP 1