January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

40 minutes ago, CandO100 said:

I’m doing the exact opposite Cer, too funny. I’ve purposefully left my Christmas lights up with the hopes I can see them on tonight with some snow cover. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of mild winter days to take them down. I’m not missing this opportunity for lights-snow beauty!

If it wasn't going to turn over to rain, I might have done the same thing. There was a short in one of them somewhere, so whenever it rained, it'd trip the GFI, so I didn't feel like dealing with that later. Plus, we're heading to Florida on Thursday for a week. Needed to get them down on

• THUMBS UP 1

5 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Hell yes!  It's been fairly light so far.. just dusting the grass and such, but it is just now noticeably picking up steam.  I'd say the real show is about to commence very shortly here.

You should be for sure very soon. Was in the light stuff as well with zero laying then it was like a light switched turned on. Covering all surfaces now including the road. 

• Moderators

RRFS (Rapid Refresh Forecast System - next gen hourly 3k model) - also just noticed that Pivotal added the Euro weeklies and Icon.  We have a model thread that I'll post more info in.

1-612zrffssnow.thumb.png.7a1c276f16409e83270d5a73329001f0.png

• SHOCKED 4
  • SNOWMAN 1

Slug of TPW is getting lifted into the storm right now

IMG_3687.thumb.gif.dc2e384cb0f567d7adfaf05cf4d39a0b.gif

will increase the precipitation shield but will also enhance the trowal, whoever can stay all snow here in epa gonna get it 

• LIKE 3
  • LOVE 2

28 degrees here near Hazleton and it started about 12:30 as some graupel. Now light Snow as roads are just starting to get covered. 

Good luck everyone! 

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

Just now, StretchCT said:

I should probably be doing something instead of watching mping and the radar.

Nah.

Great minds think alike.🤪  According to AccuWeather Pro I should be seeing snow in ~100 minutes.  It could get ugly if HH starts too early🥳

Nah.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

Mostly freezing rain here with a bit of sleet mixed in. Currently 31 degrees. Trees have lots of little icicles on them.

• SHOCKED 1
  • SAD 1
  • YUCK 1

• Moderators
Just now, Rickrd said:

Enjoy it everyone. And the peeps in rain….. your day is coming!

Ok, let me just check the 240h+ GFS and cheer myself up with phantom digital snow. :classic_rolleyes:

• SAD 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Tater said:

Ok, let me just check the 240h+ GFS and cheer myself up with phantom digital snow. :classic_rolleyes:

Euro too?  Or not for you.

• LAUGH 1