January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Well that's understanda....

WAIT You ran OUT OF BACON?

HTH does that happen? Did you have a Vegan moment or something?

I don’t know how my family would survive without me.  You should see how they pack the dishwasher while I’m away🙄

but in my favor I hid a package of Taylor Ham under the 2 year old carton of coconut water I’m not allowed to toss.  

• LAUGH 3
  • TROPHY 1
  • LOVE 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

You know what they say….in order to get those good snows you have to be able to smell the rain.  Ex., Dec 25 2002 nor’easter 

Plot twist: in between those two areas is a lot of sleet.

• SAD 1
  • YUCK 1

3 minutes ago, PA road DAWG said:

You know what they say….in order to get those good snows you have to be able to smell the rain.  Ex., Dec 25 2002 nor’easter 

So after all this rain today, I expect to get buried in snow with the next one.  Lucy will hold that football next time.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators

Youngest children just got back from "sledding." As it turns out, sledding on <0.25" of sleet doesn't work too well, so they had to go back to the summertime standby and add wheels (ie "sled" on a wagon). From their description, the icy marbles were enough to complicate steering.

• LOVE 2

Carlisle, PA  12:23 pm.  31 F  88% Humidity.  About an inch of slightly wet snow is sticking.  Good packin' and will be good for no fuss snowmen.  Most of the ground, except some parts of streets, are frozen.  

• LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

I always find this to be an interesting geographical weather phenomenon; raining in Morgantown WV with an elevation over 1,100 feet yet for me in Williamsport MD barely over 400 feet elevation it’s snowing. Many factors at play here I’m sure but not the first time I’ve seen this. Ridges to my east doing their best to hold off Atlantic influenced warmth. Thanks MDBlueridge for doing your part! 
IMG_6238.thumb.jpeg.7ec183678111e3ee88f75598461993a5.jpeg

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

4 minutes ago, CandO100 said:

I always find this to be an interesting geographical weather phenomenon; raining in Morgantown WV with an elevation over 1,100 feet yet for me in Williamsport MD barely over 400 feet elevation it’s snowing. Many factors at play here I’m sure but not the first time I’ve seen this. Ridges to my east doing their best to hold off Atlantic influenced warmth. Thanks MDBlueridge for doing your part! 
IMG_6238.thumb.jpeg.7ec183678111e3ee88f75598461993a5.jpeg

Lol you're welcome @CandO100

Heavy rates continue 

• LIKE 2

Just got in from taking down the lights. Started snowing about an hour ago. Sidewalk and street are covered in a nice light coating. Already up to 32° here, so not sure how much longer the snow will last 

• LIKE 2

Will be at Steelers vs Ratbirds game. Hoping it would be snowing at kickoff but beers taste better in the rain anyway. 

currently 33.5 and rain/snow near Aberdeen MD on the bay

• LIKE 2

All settled into the room. Have my measuring stick (12") and my balcony is ready for the snow at Crystal Springs. Mid mountain is 27 degrees with flurries

20240106_123708.jpg

• LIKE 2
  • LAUGH 4
  • LOVE 1

Just now, cer5059 said:

Just got in from taking down the lights. Started snowing about an hour ago. Sidewalk and street are covered in a nice light coating. Already up to 32° here, so not sure how much longer the snow will last 

I’m doing the exact opposite Cer, too funny. I’ve purposefully left my Christmas lights up with the hopes I can see them on tonight with some snow cover. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of mild winter days to take them down. I’m not missing this opportunity for lights-snow beauty!

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 2
  • LOVE 3