January 6-7, 2024 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Winter Storm

Penn State

6 minutes ago, MDBlueridge said:

NWS just threw a new, big doppler radar just behind us at 2150'. I'm excited to watch this one. 

You out in Garret County for this one?

My in-laws are building a house there.  Should be up there for winter 2026.

Edited by Rush

Carlisle Pa  7:15 am.  25 degrees F  83% humidity IMBY.  Compared to last night at 10 pm when it was 22 degrees and 72% H.  Car will be in  garage before noon.

IMG_1198.jpeg

• LIKE 2
  • LOVE 1

Just now, WeatherFlash said:

Whoa that caught me off gaurd. Although i was leaning a bigger event port north. 

We shall see.  All the trends yesterday and so far today look good for my region, but in ~12 hours we'll know a lot more about reality.  😄 

• SNOWMAN 1

Well if only we could get  hail I could have a pick 5. 

Stafford County

Today
Rain, freezing rain, snow and sleet this morning, then rain this afternoon. Patchy fog this morning. Patchy fog this afternoon. Precipitation may be heavy at times this morning. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation. Ice accumulation of up to a tenth of an inch. Highs in the upper 30s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph, becoming northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph this afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
  • LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 1
  • LAUGH 2
  • LOVE 1

1 minute ago, Wtkidz said:

Stafford County

Today
Rain, freezing rain, snow and sleet this morning, then rain this afternoon. Patchy fog this morning. Patchy fog this afternoon. Precipitation may be heavy at times this morning. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation. Ice accumulation of up to a tenth of an inch. Highs in the upper 30s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph, becoming northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph this afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

haha, the kitchen sink forecast!

• LIKE 1

14 minutes ago, woodyelm said:

Carlisle Pa  7:15 am.  25 degrees F  83% humidity IMBY.  Compared to last night at 10 pm when it was 22 degrees and 72% H.  Car will be in  garage before noon.

IMG_1198.jpeg

Aw - at least put a blanket on poor Hobby Horse

• LAUGH 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

13 minutes ago, Wtkidz said:

Stafford County

Today

What, are they out of plague like frogs? 

• LIKE 1

6 hours ago, Rickrd said:

One last thing. 
looking for a red sky in the morning. 

OBS from Princeton Junction: overcast and calm, 26F.  Any red sky is on the other side of the clouds.

1 hour ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Have fun with the turbulence. One time coming back from a conference in FL, we hit some really hard turbulence over SC cuza a storm we tried to slip past. The coworkers I was with got sick even. 

One time at band camp, oh wrong thread. 

I was in the Navy on an AE way back when and the worst storm that I ever went through was a hundred miles off the coast of SC. The force of the waves bent steel railings on the bow and we lost an anchor. We set pitch and roll records for our class of ship and many mates were injured. 

• SHOCKED 2
  • SAD 1
  • WOW 1
  • LAUGH 1

6 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

Closest METAR I can find reporting Precip Petersburg VA- and it's the dreaded ? (Unknown) type

image.thumb.png.d9d4faa38e3dd4e4f8056b5b24b83a74.png

mPing around Baltimore just lit up with what looks like sleet and I think sleet+ZR.  Time to get a nice cold walk in for the day .. then I won't feel guilty sitting staring out the window and at my laptop all day.  lol

png1.png

• LIKE 1
  • SNOWMAN 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Woke up to 32, light rain with a very thin coating of ice on anything elevated, hopefully with temps already at 32 the ice will be limited and not cause problems.

33 w DP in the 28 range, you should be wet bulb close - might flip between -RA and -IP

image.thumb.png.a3cafc0ecec19fd2ff5bbb698959ca99.png