December 27-30, 2023 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Storm

Penn State

• Social Media Crew

At this point.. My hope is that this storm on the 27th-28th initiates the (so far fantasy) pattern change. Would then look for 2 events.. one early in January, and one the second week.. both of which may have cold air (front and back end).. but that's a lot of "ifs"

• LIKE 2

6 hours ago, Penn State said:

Side note.. and this may interest others.. I think I'm going to apply to be part of Penn State's online program to receive a "Certificate of Achievement in Weather Forecasting". I'm working on my Ed.D. now.. but in the fall of 2025. Thought I would share if anyone else is interested in such a program!  

Interesting, I still remember helping my wife with her college undergrad weather classes. Was just like basic meteorology but was impressed I knew so much without reading her textbook. Big thanks to a lot of the people here and from the old accuweather days! 

Looks like each class is roughly $1800? Listed at $615ish per credit and each class is 3 credits. 

Edited by TLChip
  • LIKE 4

From what I gather the next chance for snow will be after the First . However all models are in fantasyland so I would not count on that. There are signs though. Just sayin . This storm as currently modeled  modeled is a wet one for the east coast. 

Edited by Wtkidz

1 hour ago, Pghsnow said:

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne-4.png

Lots of vorts swinging around. CMC hold back a little while GFS kind of takes the main ball east, providing that quick hit. COULD be some surprises about, but probably just minor to meh surprises, imo. 🙂

gem_z500_vort_eus_fh96-144.gif

gfs_z500_vort_eus_fh96-144.gif

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2