December 17-19, 2023 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Storm

Penn State

13 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

Apparently that meant my power was back on, because I came home and, there's power.  No guarantee it doesn't go out again as they work on the lines.

Fingers crossed for you and those all dealing with this.  Glad you had a generator.

• LIKE 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, StretchCT said:

Great video of Fire Island in the late afternoon.  This is a screen capture, click the facebook link for the video

image.thumb.png.e0ffa02290a8d2ef95cade9ac1d06e89.png

https://www.facebook.com/GSBImages/videos/1336548857052925/

Can't seem to be able to embed facebook videos.

Oh cool....that's an old acquaintance. Lives around the corner from my parents and sister. He's become quite the established photographer...ever since Sandy opened up what was their (mine growing up) local beach on Fire Island called Old Inlet into an actual inlet that was dubbed The Breach. It was a big deal for the Great South Bay and he was out there recording the changes. As soon as you I saw your post, thought...huh, wonder if that's Mike. Sure enough.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 1

2 hours ago, MaineJay said:

Apparently that meant my power was back on, because I came home and, there's power.  No guarantee it doesn't go out again as they work on the lines.

Mine came back at 4 this afternoon, though there are still plenty of trees draped across the lines.  That strong NW wind tomorrow is going to be hitting from the opposite direction of the storm, expect a few more outages as those leaning trees are quite unstable. Plus, the guys up in the buckets will also have their hands full as gusts could hit 40mph. Wind chills later tomorrow is going to be tough for those without power and an alternate heat source.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1