December 17-19, 2023 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Storm

Penn State

13 minutes ago, Harley8778 said:

windy day but nothing crazy. 

I/We were lucky compared to the rain and flooding down in the CT River Valley and the CT River tributaries.  Flooding, trees and wires down, roads closed off due to flooding and/or downed trees and powerlines, and a couple stranded motorists who exhibited rather poor judgement as to their vehicle's ability to handle flooded roadways and bridges requiring water rescue.

• SHOCKED 1
  • SAD 1

• The title was changed to December 17-19, 2023 | NE / Mid-Atlantic Storm
  • Admin

I'm still out of power here in the north. Versant has 166,598 customers in this area and 95,780 are without power with 481 separate outages. What a strange weather event for Maine in December. There is tree debris strewn everywhere.

• SAD 3
  • &$!#% 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

I'm still out of power here in the north. Versant has 166,598 customers in this area and 95,780 are without power with 481 separate outages. What a strange weather event for Maine in December. There is tree debris strewn everywhere.

Yeah, so much debris, it's like ball bearing under the tires at times.

I even forgot to mention that a pine branch slammed nto my windshield and cracked it.  I saw it come down from way up high, and thought it was small. Then the wind carried it, and it just accelerated so fast there was no time to react, plus I was looking out for larger trees at the time.

I felt lucky it was just a crack.

• SHOCKED 1
  • FLUSHED 2
  • SAD 2

• Admin
9 minutes ago, jbrumberg said:

@MaineJay-  I am happy to read that you only sustained a cracked windshield.  I have yet to take a look/see drive around the neighborhood to see how much tree debris is still on the ground.  I lost a couple of trees, but that is now a common experience.😞

I'm probably fortunate it was the windshield. Had it been the hood, the grill, or something else, it might've been more costly damage.  The kicker is that I just replaced the windshield less than a year ago, so I know exactly what it'll cost.

• SAD 1
  • &$!#% 2

11 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

I'm probably fortunate it was the windshield. Had it been the hood, the grill, or something else, it might've been more costly damage.  The kicker is that I just replaced the windshield less than a year ago, so I know exactly what it'll cost.

I hope that your insurance will cover it, and it can be replaced on-site.  On the good once replaced the windshield will be clean🤪

• THUMBS UP 1